Job description / Role
Overview of duties:
- Behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brands mindset
- Is responsible for the ibis & Adagio co-meeting "connectivity" promise.
- Is the IT, telecoms and audiovisual expert at the hotel for co-meeting customers. In this regards, manages and coordinates everything necessary to set-up and produce events.
- Monitors technological developments, keeps up-to-date with technological innovations and makes suggestions.
- Ensures that all IT, telecoms and audiovisual equipment and systems conform to standards and are in good working order.
- Is the "technology" point of reference for employees.
- Applies the brands quality standards.
- Participates in customer briefings.
- Intervenes if there are any problems before or during the event. Is reactive and proposes solutions.
- Contributes to the satisfaction of individual guests by ensuring the technical team has the skills needed to resolve simple and recurrent problems.
- May be asked to propose innovations as part of commercial estimates.
Professional techniques / Production:
- Monitors technological developments and latest progress.
- Masters all the systems and applications used in the hotel.
- Together with the Event Manager and/or F&B Manager and the customer, prepares the "connectivity" specifications for the meeting as sold. Manages and coordinates the event.
- Is responsible for the correct installation of technical IT, telecoms and audiovisual equipment and ensures it is in good working order.
- Identifies and selects external service-providers.
Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities:
- Forms a duo with the Event Manager &/or with F&B Manager.
- Has a strong functional link to all departments in the hotel.
- Plays a managerial role for any external staff brought in for events.
- As the hotel's multimedia expert, gives hotel personnel technical training as required (equipment, handling or jargon) to ensure they can respond swiftly to customer queries.
Commercial / Sales:
- Analyses customers' explicit and implicit needs.
- Takes part in an advisory sales approach by optimizing the relation between suitable technologies / price / margin.
- Helps promote the Meeting offer by providing high quality services and making proactive suggestions, may help draw up the proposal in advance of an event.
Management and administration:
- Ensures that budgets validated by the customer are respected.
- Proposes fair and appropriate price for services.
- Contributes of the development of Event revenue by proposing additional and new technological solutions.
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment:
- Ensures that all equipment available is duly respected and meets all safety norms and conformity regulations.
- Keeps the workplace clean and tidy.
- Applies hotel safety regulations (fire hazards etc).
- Respects the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (energy saving, recycling and strong waste etc).
- Reports directly to the Cluster General Manager
Education / Professional experience:
- 2 to 4 years further education or equivalent, professional diploma, Masters in computer technology and/or telecoms.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in IT maintenance/IT department or IT services or audiovisual company.
- Fluent in English and the national language.
Skills / Qualities:
- Leadership / good at working in a network.
- Organised / methodical / solutions-oriented.
- Good teaching skills.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Hotel IT Manager
IT Operations Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
IT Manager (Financial Institution)
Stratus Recruitment International