Assistant Learning & Development Manager
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Riyadh Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer-term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
The Assistant Learning & Development Manager is responsible and accountable for the implementation and leadership of Learning & Development initiatives within the property, to establish a continuous learning, development and improvement culture. They proactively seek to implement L&D initiatives to improve the performance of the hotel, while complying with all Corporate, Area and local requirements. The execution of this role is to be in line with MH&R vision, values and behaviours at all times.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Establishment Training Tools
- Compilation and updating of the requisite technical training manuals and tools per field, in collaboration with the Area Director of Learning & Development.
- Is familiar with Corporate Talent Strategy issued by the Corporate Centre and ensures that they are applied accordingly.
- Helps in coordinating and supports yearly performance reviews for supervisory staff together with the Human Resources Department.
- Orders and organises distribution of Training Certificates.
- Ongoing information of arising problems or conflicts within the departments on a confidential basis.
- Evaluates customer needs from feedback of the guest questionnaires and compiles relevant measures for correction or improvement.
- Compiles course/training requirements and attendance.
- Compiles hotel inspection reports, on the job observance.
- Ensures proper course material and up-dated job descriptions for in-house Departmental Trainers are available for all departments. Continuously adapts them with relevant supervisors to their operational requirements.
- Counseling of supervisors/employees in training matters (How to Train, etc.).
- Establishes monthly training, quality, and business summary reports according to Hotel's/regional office requirements.
- Implements MHR Learning & Development standards
- Co-ordinates up-dating of personal files of employees together with the Human Resources Department.
- Ensures that individual development plans are put together on an annual basis for Heads of Departments and below in the property
- Proper Quality Reporting and action planning implementation according to time frame.
- Training of in-house Departmental Trainers, and selecting of those to cover every required field
- Conducts co-ordinates and supervises all kinds of internal technical training and courses of the Department Heads and supervisors.
- Ensures that departmental training schedules are established every month in advance.
- Co-ordinates training activities in coordination with General Manager, HODs and Area Director of Learning and Development when applicable.
- Oversees the property induction process and programmes - including WTM
- Ensures completion of all training according to the company Training Matrix
- Evaluates and updates property training programmes and initiatives
- Identifies strategic partners for development and delivery of training when appropriate
- Drives elearning within the property
- Follows up with participants of external courses (including Area Learning Forum and Mövenpick Business Academy) to ensure learning is applied in the workplace
- Lead planning activities for Quality
- Lead a team of quality assurance committee that performs quality assurance checks. This includes hiring, skill development, and managing performance.
- Setting quality assurance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Conduct monthly Quality Assurance meeting debate planning and action plans, and discussing the quality status quo and areas of development.
- Monitor the guest feedback and staff performance and assess the pros and cons and assist finding keys to develop and maintain high quality.
- Assists in new hire or recurrent training delivery as required.
- Review Global Brand Compliance assessment and improvement reference with the hotel department heads and ensure setting and implementation of the action plans required.
- Promote quality and performance improvement throughout the hotel.
- Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and deliver training.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.