Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. We invite you to develop your leadership strengths as Assistant Outlet Manager – and let your passion for guest service drive consistent guest satisfaction, an engaged team and outstanding operating results.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka’aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world’s tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 858 rooms.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Lead the F&B Outlet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
• Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
• To assist in recruiting and training all Outlet Colleagues
• Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
• Attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings
• Maximize revenues by communicating regularly with the Food and Beverage teams to implement agreed upon strategies, practices and promotions
• Have full knowledge of all Outlet menus
• Assist in managing the departmental budget
• Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous Food and Beverage leadership experience required
• Previous point of sale system experience required
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
• University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Apply Today: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests