Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Assistant Project Manager/Construction Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the project manager in controlling and managing elements of the project to enable delivery to the agreed budget, time and quality standards required.
• Assisting in producing project reports for issue to the client on a weekly and monthly basis, and otherwise as required, to report on project progress and performance.
• Supporting in the development of project strategic programmes and monitor progress against.
• Helping the overall safety management including recording issues.
• Supporting all on-site quality control, coordination of benchmarks and liaison with the construction supervisors.
• Managing the site coordination including chairing the daily/weekly meetings with the contractor.
• Assisting in the day to day liaison with the neighbouring building owners and other relevant authorities.
• Reviewing the contractor method statements/risk assessments.
• Agreeing in short terms programmes with the contractor.
• Working with the project director to assess the contractors’ monthly applications for payment.
• Attending off-site inspections as directed by the project director.
• Agreeing in final quality inspections with the construction supervisors.
• Ensuring the contractor is maintaining the site in terms of cleanliness, logistics, mandatory signage and etc.
• Ensuring all environmental conditions/requirements of the project HS&E plan are being adhered to by all contractors
• Ensuring a full understanding of all the contractors’ scopes.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Previous working experience in construction delivery either in a contractor or project management consultancy.
• Ability to be client facing when needed.
• Detailed knowledge of health and safety matters.
• Good commercial awareness and good internal business reporting.
• Excellent knowledge of key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A relevant degree qualification.
• With professional memberships.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.