Job description / Role
Key areas of responsibilities are to purchase food, beverage, guest supplies, repairs and maintenance items, at the right price and at the right time while performing his duties within the framework of the standards connected with the product and the direction and regulations laid down by the hotel management. Another key responsibility is to work in close liaison with the Buyer, Receiving Clerk, Store Person .
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Collects and compiles list of suppliers and their available merchandise, equipment and services in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Receives proper purchase requisitions from Head of Departments.
- Calls for quotations for any items and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
- A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
- Compares prices with previous purchases and with current market prices.
- Raises the local Purchase Order in the name of the supplier selected.
- Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
- Carries out regular market survey prices of all items and services for the hotel by keeping constant touch with the suppliers and submits periodical reports to the FC.
- Follows up and ensures that goods are delivered in accordance with the purchase order and without any delay.
- Makes sure that all suppliers' deliveries are made in the receiving area.
- Ensures that suppliers submit their Invoice / Delivery Note in duplicate, fully priced, together with the merchandise.
- Issues a petty cash voucher for all small purchases.
- Responsible for making sure that the administrative procedures relating to the purchase of goods are followed.
- Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to hygiene of goods delivered.
- Enables the cost of expenses to be kept to a minimum by means of scrupulous maintenance of administrative documents
- Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
- Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Stores, Purchasing & Receiving, preferably within a hotel environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Ability to develop and build relationships, utilize skills appropriately
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to other colleagues.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
|Saudi Arabia||18 Feb|
Purchasing Manager - Saudi National
|Saudi Arabia||3 Feb|
Assistant Purchasing Manager