Job description / Role
- Atkins is looking for an Assistant Resident Engineer to assist in leading the project supervision team and administration of the construction contract to ensure full compliance with the contract requirements.
- To manage and implement all aspects of the Quality I HSE management systems and control site supervision service provision in support of the Site Operations Department goals for performance improvement and completion of project functions.
- Manage the supervision of the works designed by Atkins to ensure compliance with the contract documents.
- Liaise with the project supervision team, coordinate and resolve any issues of concern.
- Liaise with sub-consultants directly appointed by Atkins and manage the supervision of works designed by them.
- Review prior to issue to the contractor all project related correspondence, submittals, instructions, technical query and establish lines of communication.
- Review contractor's quality systems, procedures and monitor implementation across the project site
- Review contractor's safety systems, procedures and monitor implementation across the project site
- Assisting in Project control
- Assist Management of site team
- Assist Management of submittals and approvals processes
- Responsibility for maintenance of quality standards in works executed by contractor.
- Contract administration
- Liaison with client and contractor
- Degree qualified - minimum requirement of BE (Civil), B. Arch or similar.
- Minimum 5+ years related experience.
- Knowledge in BIM360 and Navis works.
- Understanding of British, American and International design standards.
- Experience with administration of FIDIC Contracts.
- Good command of English (written and verbal).
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering consultants, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).