Job description / Role
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations and provide lateral service.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To assist the restaurant Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability.
- To take time and get to know the guests, and to be committed to service excellence.
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring guests satisfaction.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing
- To prepare schedules for all personnel according to the forecast and within the limits of the staffing guide, to ensure adequate manpower at all times and under the guidance of the Outlet Manager.
- To recommend hiring, promotions and dismissal to the Outlet Manager.
- To be involved in planning of promotions, beverage purchases and pricing under the supervision of the Outlet Manager.
- To assist the outlet manager to short list the new potential staff members for development.
- To participate actively in the creation of new drinks, snacks and improve presentations to achieve the overall objectives and propose variations to the Outlet Manager.
- To assist the outlet Manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To ensures proper maintenance and cleanliness of all areas of the Outlet.
- To ensure sanitary conditions according to Health codes and Hotel standards.
- To supervise the daily operation under standards fixed by Hotel Management and Outlet Manager.
- To advise and consult with Outlet Manager and Head Bartender with regards to service bar matters.
- To supervise all bar personnel constantly observing attitude towards colleagues and guests.
- To ensure correct handling of equipment to minimize breakages and losses.
- To inspect all areas daily before opening according to fixed standard checklist and ensures full adherence of the closing duties.
- To enforce and maintain all policies and procedures under the guidance of the Outlet Manager.
- To prepare requisitions for beverages, condiments, general supplies and guest supplies, taking into consideration established par stocks.
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- To constantly be aware of the beverage cost of sale.
- To provide consumption data for purchasing purposes in correlation with Head Bartender.
- To maintain standards specification for all beverages/food & cocktails under the guidance of the Outlet Manager.
- To adhere to fixed grooming standards as per Hotel & Outlet policy.
- To replace the Outlet Manager on her absence as fully in charge of the bar operation.
- To assist the Outlet Manager in ensuring that full respects of dress code and entrance procedures are fully adhered to.
- To assist the Outlet Manager in ensuring that sound and lighting levels are always adhered to as per fixed standards.
- To inspect all fridges and bar stores to check expiry dates on all items.
- To observe opening and closing hours of the bars according to the law and company standards.
- To ensure correct control of beverage to avoid wastage and spoilage in correlation with Head Bartender.
- To perform any other duties assigned by the Outlet Manager.
- To carry out an internal induction and training course, in liaison with the Outlet Manager when a new member of the Bar and Service staff arrives.
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Be familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for the department.
- To assist the outlet manager with the following reports:
- Overtime & extra hours consumed monthly, Daily log book, Other expenses control sheet, Time schedule weekly, Vacation schedules yearly
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Restaurant Manager - Italian Outlet
Restaurant Manager - Trendsetter
Restaurant Manager - Italian
Assistant Restaurant Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services