Assistant Sales Manager
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Assistant Sales Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our Sales & Marketing professionals are ambassadors of the engaging service and authentically local experiences we offer in places of unrivalled presence. As Assistant Sales Manager, your leadership and vision will foster an engaged team in support of maximized market share, operating results and guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Group Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish, maintain, and use his library of reference materials, periodicals, texts and sales leads: stay abreast of market trends and hotel selling techniques.
- Research the market on a continuing basis to determine where business comes form, what is the influence, who the hotel's clients are, how they normally arrive in the city, etc.
- Go on sales trip to promote and solicit business for the hotel.
- Maintain close contacts within the community and in neighboring marketing areas, with airlines, travel agencies, commercial houses, private club, professional associates, etc. to procure new business for the hotel.
- Review internal promotion pieces on a regular basis to insure that all hotel sign, posters, tent cards, etc. are adequate, up-to-date, visually effective and consistent with high standards set by management.
- Organize and promote, in cooperation with the Food and Beverage Department, special project such as Monthly Food Promotion, Café promotion, etc. to stimulate the Food & Beverage sales within the community.
- Coordinate with Front Office and Housekeeping Departments in handling of room reservations and customers' inquiries, requests and complaints.
- Direct, supervise and administer all personnel within the Sales Department.
- Prepare and execute (in conjunction with the Public Relations Department) regular direct mail campaigns that stimulate local interest in the Hotel's facilities, announce a special event, promote the credit card, etc.
- Discipline, good attitude and self-motivated
- Passionate in guest experience and satisfaction
- Able to work in a team & good communication
- Fluent in English both written and verbally
- Must have experienced in the same position at least 2 years in an upscale hotel
- Hotel or Business School graduates Higher Diploma or Bachelor Degree
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
- Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/ Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.