Job description / Role
On behalf our client, we are looking for an Assistant Shop Manager who will assist the Shop Manager in managing the retail team and in preparing inventory.
- Be present in the shop floor to generate sales and also handling VIP customers.
- Conduct sales analysis, follow up on market trends and monitor the competition’s activity
- Propose ways to improve the business: in store merchandising, opening hours, product mix.
- Produce quantitative and qualitative sales report.
- Identify customer potential needs and use initiatives to meet those needs
- Ensure consistency in customer service delivered and handle all complaints
- Ensure building, maintaining and using the customer data base.
- Enter all received goods and ensure stock control and proper record of all stock movements
- Supervise the replenishment process to avoid and report any over stock along with the suggested corrective action
- Prepare for the inventory.
- Coordinate with the back office and merchandising team regards of new launches, in store animation or renovation and provide feedback accordingly
- Follow up on different issues with Mall Management such as permits and security
- Prepare schedule to ensure full coverage of the shop floor and maintain grooming standards of the staff
- Manage, engage and delegate the responsibilities of the team reporting to him/her
- Responsible for coaching and training own team members.
- Check sales figures, assist in pricing adjustments
- Organize shop layout, merchandise and display items effectively on shelves
- Decorate and animate window displays as per the brand standards and guidelines
- Conduct regular checks on the organization and cleanliness of the stock room and shelves
- Ensure staff compliance and proper implementation of procedures
- Ensure smooth and effective running of daily activities
Communication with Store/Retail Manager
- Prepare, discuss and set staff monthly objectives
- Coordinate stock transfers and present monthly feedback on product movement
- Discuss staff related issues such as annual leaves, confirmations and ensure proper adherence to policies in practice
- Provide relevant reports on periodic sales, stock movements to assist in Buying/buying reviews if necessary.
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration or Marketing
- 4 - 5 years preferably in retail shop management
- English is essential, Arabic or Russian is desirable
- Achievement Drive and Initiative
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Concern for Quality
- Partnering and Team Working
- Planning and Organizing
Key Managerial Competencies:
- Supervisory Skills
Key Technical Competencies:
- Commercial Flair
- Customer Care/Service
- Office Technology
- Selling Techniques
- Technical Expertise
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.