Job description / Role
Associate Director Cost Management: (Riyadh, KSA)
Faithful+Gould are seeking to expand the team based from Riyadh, KSA. You will lead a team of QS's / Commercial team for delivery of large projects - typically retail (Malls) and/or mixed-use schemes and/or hospitality projects.
- In-depth knowledge and experience commercial management of projects at both pre-& post contract stage
- Middle East construction market experience in last 4-5 years preferable
- Middle East construction experience added benefit, delivery experience in Saudi Arabia would be a differentiator
- Good contract, commercial and financial understanding, minimum 15 years post qualification experience
- Excellent written English for preparation of task orders, contract letters and communications
- Good negotiation skills to agree sub-contracts with third parties
- Previous experience in government departments/client-side roles
- Large company & project financial control systems use & understanding
- Large company's internal governance procedures will be an added factor
- Good attention to detail and ability to review invoices and contracts prior to issue
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning. Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Degree in relevant discipline
- Professional Membership (MICE, MRICS, MCIPS)
- Knowledge of KSA contract law
- Knowledge of MCIPS
- Contract interpretation and advice/action
- Client and stakeholder management
- Executive level reporting
- Internal programme management
- Internal governance management
- Managing and assisting technical teams to prepare task orders / work packages
- Maintaining rolling revenue & profit forecasts
- Reporting on project performance
- Leveraging project commercial performance - revenues and costs
- Ensure time charge hours properly captured and invoiced on time
- Managerial / Client facing position
- Degree in Quantity Surveying from recognised University
- Must have previous experience of FIDIC Contracts
- Strong contractual, commercial and financial knowledge
- Min 15 years pre and/or post-contract relevant capacity in contracts and commercial management
- Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 10 years
- Must have minimum of 4 years Middle East experience preferred
- Project management acumen
- Good communication skills
- At will with Client's presentations / submissions regarding cost management deliverables
- Politically aware
- Team player, team leader
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).