Job description / Role
Nursing and Midwifery
Director of Nursing
Our client hospital is part of a group of tertiary referral medical cities situated in Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam and Al Hasa.The Hospital in Al Hasa has 300-beds and provides primary and secondary patient care. Including: Outpatient Clinics, Pharmacy, four Operating Rooms and Day Surgery Operation Room. It also includes eight beds for Haemodialysis, Physical Therapy Department, Radiology Department, Endoscopy, ER, ICU, Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department with two rooms for caesareans and six L & D rooms. Wards include: Male and Female patient wards, Gynaecology, Obstetrics and female surgery. male surgical ophthalmology, ENT and a VIP ward.
To apply for a post through Professional Connections at this hospital you must hold a European, North American, Australian or New Zealand passport as we are contracted by our client only to source from these territories.
Job Title: Associate Executive Director, Nursing Services
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard - Health Affairs, the Associate Executive Director, Nursing Services assumes 24-hour accountability for leadership and coordination of the department in collaboration with other hospital departments. Responsible for and administers the managerial functions of setting objectives, planning, staff and directing activities of the assigned departments/area of responsibility.
Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard - Health Affairs, the Associate Executive Director, Nursing Services assumes 24-hour accountability for leadership and coordination of the department in collaboration with other hospital departments. Responsible for and administers the managerial functions of setting objectives, planning, staff and directing activities of the assigned departments/area of responsibility
• Develops, plans, coordinates and administers policies and procedures as directed by Health Affairs and in conjunction with all aspects of Nursing Services activities. Oversees the implementation and evaluation of the core standards of care, policies and procedures.
• Oversees and approves policy and procedure for the department. Ensures that the area comply with hospital policies and regulatory requirements.
• Ensures that the principles an standards common to international accreditation organizations (e.g. JCIA) and establishes performance standards with which to measure effectiveness, efficacy and outcomes of Nursing Services activities are supported, implemented and maintained at all times.
• Develops and implements short and long term strategic goals for the development an direction of the department in cooperation with the Executive Committee.
• Develops and implements Nursing Services divisions' operating budget and ensures that the departments operate within budget. Assists in the preparation of hospital/departmental budgets and allocation of fuds; reviews all department requests for capital expense items and submits to Senior Management.
• Carries out the necessary functional planning, budgeting and scheduling for the department, and maintains records and monitors accordingly as follows:
- Provides direction in determining the resource allocation priorities for the provision of nursing care.
- Coordinates the process for determining the appropriate numbers and qualifications of nursing and support staff to provide patient care reflecting census and acuity trends.
- Directs the preparation and maintenance of departmental report consisting of periodic statistical data, and various ad hoc report as required on the Nursing Services divisions' activities.
• Consults with and informs Senior Management of operational problems related to the interdepartmental and recommends changes in administrative policies to Cary out hospital objectives effectively.
• Ensures the efficient, economic, and quality performance of assigned areas of responsibilities to support and provide quality health care services. Assesses the effectiveness of educational and competency assessment programs.
• Ensures the activities of the department correlate to the activities of other divisions and departments in the hospital; and ensures effective communication is provided to all levels of management and staff
• Prepares and submits any recommendations or proposals f the improvement of the operation of the Nursing Services division.
• Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance, and initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions. Develops, directs and support a multidisciplinary, coordinated approach to patient care.
• Supervises the performance of all staff assigned to Nursing Services division and oversees staff personnel related matters, such as, developing mechanisms and monitors performance in areas of staff and patient satisfaction, recruitment and retention, and staff development. Within a professional practice model.
• Generous Tax Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated. Calculated for years of experience and for post graduate education.
• One year renewable contract. If you renew for a second year you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
• Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. ( Annual leave and public holidays)
• Free fully furnished western accommodation.
• Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge. Gym, tennis +++
• Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
• High speed internet.
• Free healthcare.
• Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of contract.
• Midyear ticket to your point of hire.
• Masters Degree in Nursing/ Healthcare Administration or in a related discipline - E
• Registered Nurse with a current Nursing license-E
• Minimum of eight (8) years experience in a health services setting -E
• With a minimum of five (5) years of progressive senior administrative positions and managerial/supervisor experience with at least two (2) years in a comparable organization - E
Other skills required
• Ability to create an environment where professional expectations are set and an environment of accountability.
• Ability to develop, mentor and coach staff with regard to career plans.
• Ability to create and support an environment in which professional personal growth is an expectation.
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of ethical principles and ensures integration within the workplace.
• Ability to understand and respect the diversity of staff patient and families.
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills with staff nursing leaders, physicians an all departments.
• Ability to demonstrate and utilize motivational techniques, coaching and mentoring to continually develop a nursing management team with strong leadership.
• Ability to demonstrate to develop and promote teamwork throughout the organization; resolves and manages conflict.
About the Company
Professional Connections International Healthcare Recruitment Agency
Professional Connections, often referred to as Profco, is an international healthcare recruitment specialist. Profco is working to help placing credentialed nurses, doctors and allied health professionals in exciting opportunities with leading hospitals around the world. International assignments are a great way for nurses and other healthcare professionals to broaden their experience and to see how healthcare is delivered in other countries, while at the same time enhancing their career prospects as they gain experience in different parts of the world.