Job description / Role
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will take on new challenges every day, enjoy real responsibility from day one, work with the brightest minds in the business and help us make markets by transforming industries and professions with data. We are looking for ambitious graduates who are forward thinkers with imagination and drive: people who can develop big ideas and turn them into big solutions for our clients.
We are looking for candidates who will inspire us. Original thinkers who are endlessly curious about the world around them. People who are always prepared to challenge thinking and ask why. Team players who will thrive in this collaborative environment.
- Responsible for leading a project team in delivering solution to the customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract.
- Overall performance responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning tracking, change control, and risk management.
- Responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, and for managing all project resources, including subcontractors and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and regular project status to the customer
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To perform this role, you will be keen to demonstrate the following qualities and behaviors:
- The positive attitude, communication, creativity, problem solving, taking ownership
- Fast learner, team work and has passion to work with people across the regions.
- Bilingual and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, deadlines and requirements
- Professional work ethic and result orientation that is targeted towards managing by objectives
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree in IT, Computer Science, Business Management are encouraged
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.