Job description / Role
Overview of role:
We are currently recruiting an Associate Quantity Surveyor to join our team in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). You will be responsible for leading projects and be accountable for the effective delivery of commercial and procurement services. This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to join and strengthen our commercial team. This is a pre-contract role, you are likely to be based in our office in Riyadh, reporting to one of our Directors of Cost Management. Preference will be given to those with experience in entertainment, retail, sports or museum projects.
• The individual will lead a team that is responsible for estimating, cost planning, commercial and procurement services.
• Advising the Client with regard to commercial and contractual issues and associated strategies;
• Procurement including:
- Providing advice on procurement strategies
- Assembling and seeking agreement to long and short tender lists
- Preparing and issuing tender documents
- Running a competitive tender process including managing queries from tendering contractors
- Managing and contributing to structured and documented tender evaluations
- Preparation of tender recommendation reports
- Preparation of contract documents.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.
• Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying.
• A chartered member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors – MRICS.
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and a confident and clear approach to providing advice to others in meetings.
• A minimum of 15 years’ experience post degree qualification.
• Pre-Contract experience; preferably in relation to entertainment, retail, sports or museum projects.
• Experience of providing procurement advice, tender documentation and post contract services
• Able to build long-term relationships
• A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering deadlines
• A team player, outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic and ambitious.
About the Company
RLB's 35-year presence in the Kingdom continues as we expand our services throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, working on projects in central, eastern and western provinces.
Our extensive expertise covers cost consultancy, project management, facilities management and claims services.
We provide expert management of the relationship between value, time and cost from inception to completion. We do this through our global and local team of experts, who possess a passion for both core services and innovation.
With 4,600 employees worldwide, Rider Levett Bucknall has a truly global reach, and with such scope can offer a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.