Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation's objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, and coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed design documentation.
- The role also requires collaboration with colleagues across different competences within our Business Controls & Enterprise Risk team (e.g. Performance Assurance, FS Regulatory Risk and Enterprise Risk Management) to bring our clients high value solutions.
- You will possess the ability to handle complex and ambiguous issues and discuss complex circumstances logically and clearly with senior staff or management. Make independent judgments, often based on interpretation of System and/or local policy or knowledge of various risk disciplines (credit, market, operational, strategic and / or reputational).
- Based on clients' requirements you will provide practical risk and control focused expertise to discuss and design potential solutions in governance and policies & procedures, and recommend changes to designs provided by other parties.
- The role requires taking the lead in driving our market opportunities across the region and ensuring our teams deliver high quality projects. The focus will be on Policies & Procedures and Governance but also interlinking with the other solution leaders.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate and keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- As an experienced Senior Manager or Director in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. You will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role e.g. ACA, ACCA, ADIT, PMP or equivalent.
- Years of Experience: 10 years+ of relevant experience in risk and controls, business process and governance, preferably within a professional services environment.
- In-depth understanding of Governance frameworks and the principles of strong internal controls.
- In-depth understanding of understanding of overall landscape and value-chain of extended Oil & Gas industry
- Implementation experience of working with client through change programmes.
- Knowledge in the issues facing the clients in the Middle East.
- Strong interest and passion for developing offerings, teams and people.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes - excel, word, PowerPoint etc. and strong report writing skills.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker would be a benefit. However, experience and proven technical skills are more important.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.