Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
Lifestyle in Jeddah:
Saudi Arabia has a population of over 30 million people with 36% expats. Jeddah is the second larges city in Saudi Arabia and it strictly adheres to Islamic social codes. Some of the benefits of living in Jeddah are:
- Tax free salaries.
- Plenty of malls and traditional souqs.
- Jeddah has a nice waterfront called the Corniche
- Spectacular scenery of the deserts beyond Jeddah
- Proximity to Makkah
- World class diving along the Red Sea
- Safety and security
- Diversity: the exposure to differing cultures and ways of life.
- Year round sunshine
- Proximity to the Gulf, Africa and Asia for traveling and exploring
The Assurance group in PwC's Jeddah office is now looking for Senior Associates with experience of working across multiple industry sectors to join their rapidly expanding team. You will be working on a wide range of clients across various industry sectors, varying in size and will have the opportunity to work in teams of up to 20 people. Your portfolio will include a broad range of audit clients but will also expose you to special assignments within these sectors. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- The Senior Associate would typically be degree qualified (e.g. to Bachelors degree level) in an accountancy, finance or numeracy based degree.
- ACA/ ACCA or CPA qualification (or equivalent) with broad ranging audit experience including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels with well developed listening and questioning techniques
- Fluency in Arabic is very beneficial
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously without direct day to day management Desire for continuous self improvement
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Knowledge of IAS and IFRS
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.