Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you'll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients' information.
Lifestyle in Riyadh:
Saudi Arabia has a population of 30 million people with 36% expats. Riyadh is the Capital of Saudi Arabia and it is primarily a business destination, and it strictly adheres to Islamic social codes. Some of the benefits of living in Riyadh are:
• Tax free salaries.
• Plenty of malls and traditional souqs.
• Riyadh is a Skyscraper-filled metropolis with two main towers; Alfaysalyah and Kingdom Tower.
• Rich cultural history; such as Dir'iya, the original home of the Al Saud family.
• Spectacular scenery of the deserts beyond Riyadh.
• Safety and security.
• Diversity: the exposure to differing cultures and ways of life.
• Year round sunshine
• Proximity to the Gulf, Africa and Asia for traveling and exploring
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
• Train and lead staff
• Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
• Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
• Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
• Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
• Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
The Senior Associate would typically be degree qualified (eg. to Bachelors degree level) in an accountancy, finance or numeracy based degree.
• External Audit Experience from one of the big 4
• ACA/ACCA or CPA qualification (or equivalent) with broad ranging audit experience including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
• Effective communication skills when working at all levels with well developed listening and questioning techniques
• A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
• A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
• A demonstrated ability to take responsibility and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
• Ability to work autonomously without direct day to day management Desire for continuous self improvement
• Experience in supervising and developing staff
• Knowledge of IAS and IFRS
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.