Job description / Role
Assurance - OAS - Accounting Advisory - Enterprise Asset Management - Senior Associate
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of our Accounting Advisory Services team, we currently have opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Senior Associates with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Associates with experience of working in the enterprise asset management consulting space, with specific focus on the following areas
• Fixed asset register creation and reconstruction including componentisation and useful life assessment
• Plant and equipment appraisal and tangible asset valuation for various purposes including financial reporting, mergers, acquisitions and disposals
• Fixed asset analytics including data collection, reconciliations and classifications
• Fixed asset capital expenditure optimisations, cost projections and operational Key Performance Indicators Business process reviews & technology / systems implementations, specifically focusing on the fixed asset function of the organisation
• Fixed asset policies and procedures including capitalisations, additions, transfers, tracking and disposals
• You will be required to participate as an individual contributor and team member with senior Accounting Advisory practitioners and other professionals (e.g. auditors) on complex accounting- and financial reporting matters.
• Applying valuation approaches and methods to develop valuation models, including: gathering cost and market information, data analysis, financial modelling and report writing.
• Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in financial reporting standards and enterprise asset management and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
• The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within our global team (e.g. fixed asset tagging & verification experts) to bring our clients high value solutions
• Based on clients' requirements the candidates will provide practical risk and control focused functional Oracle ERP expertise to discuss and design potential solutions, or will quality assure and recommend changes to designs provided by other parties.
• Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
• As a Senior Associate in the team, the role requires you to build relationships to create exceptional client and people experience, working effectively as part of a diverse delivery team and delegating tasks effectively and providing coaching and direction to more junior team members.
• The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) team within our CMAAS Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of a variety of EAM solutions across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
• The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
• Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Engineering Accounting & Financial Management to provide a bridge between a client's technical and financial teams
• Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) or studying towards these qualification (s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role: CA, CPA, ACCA, CFA or CIMA.
• Understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards, with specific focus on IAS 16 "Property, Plant and Equipment", IAS 36 "Impairment of Assets", IFRS 13 "Fair Value Measurement".
• Knowledge of enterprise asset management standards such as ISO 55000.
• Identify issues and utilise problem solving and analytical skills to propose solutions.
• A proven track record in working effectively in multi-national and multi-cultural teams in a variety of environments and countries.
• Exposure to previous enterprise asset management projects, preferably in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in a consulting capacity.
• Strong passion for client service delivery and collaborative team work.
• Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. The role offers some flexibility in working hours, depending on the specific projects and client delivery expectations.
• Proven IT skills in the following programmes: Microsoft Office, with proven advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
• The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.