Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Employee Benefits practice, within Capital Markets Accounting Advisory Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be responsible for complex financial reporting issues around deals and other transformational events. You'll tackle client's needs with a solution oriented approach that creatively addresses complex financial reporting problems for high profile transactions and you'll have significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisers.
Our team supports companies in transactions, standardisation and regulation of accounting and reporting in connection with a deal. We help with the preparation of actuarial appraisals on pension and pension related obligations under tax and commercial law, but also according to International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Share relevant thought leadership.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- You will be required to possess a strong ability to work under pressure and manage your time, as the delivery role requires the creation of high quality of complex client deliverables that will be submitted for the managers and partners' reviews. You will also be required to assist the managers in client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in capital markets and accounting matters and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market;
- You will also be required to possess a solid knowledge of IFRS and being able to conduct in depth researches on complex matters, prepare technical discussions paper for discussion with global industry experts and apply your critical thinking to provide our clients with high value and technically robust solutions;
- You will be working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate;
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world;
- You will also be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with client personnel and colleagues;
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Accounting Advisory team within our Middle East Assurance practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of capital markets and accounting solutions across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
Minimum years experience required
- 4-6 years of audit or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm. Any accounting conversion (IFRS/ IPSAS) experience is beneficial. Similarly, and Middle East accounting or auditing experience is beneficial;
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.