Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
Job Description Summary
Due to the increase in Capital Markets activity, medium to long term outlook of Capital Markets transactions in the region and the resulting growth in our Capital Markets team, we currently have opportunities for an ambitious and highly motivated Manager and a Senior Manager who is looking to make a career in the medium term in Capital Market projects within PwC's Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services. This role would typically involve working on IPO/debt/exit readiness assessments, IPO reporting accountant work including reporting on sufficiency of monthly working capital forecast, reporting on Financial Position and Prospects Procedures, Pro-forma financial information preparation, carve-outs, reporting on Prospective Financial Information and comfort letter work on 144A / EMTN programmes. The candidate can have accounting/audit background but it is to clarify that the role is a dedicated Capital Markets role (as defined above) with accounting /IFRS as a secondary focus area.
- You will be required to possess strong team leadership qualities to lead a multicultural team of up to 5-6 people.
- You will be required to run project delivery as project manager including meeting client expectations, ensuring quality of output and internal coordination around documentation and other expected to actively support the leadership team in working on business development in identifying and converting new opportunities across the region for capital markets work.
- Support the leadership team in identifying and converting market opportunities by doing external research and leveraging from internal and external relationships.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in Capital Markets regulations, global IPOs, regional GCC IPOs and other related capital markets developments.
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to build and sustain relationships with external stakeholders such as lawyers, banks, regulators and educational forums.
- Working with PwC teams in the UK, US and Europe on capital market transactions involving those jurisdictions.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting, Finance etc.
- The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA, CPA, ACCA.
- At least moderate and ideally advance level of knowledge of regional and international capital markets regulations (such as UK listing rules, European PD, SAS 72, ICMA, SCA, DFSA and CMA rules).
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English. Multilingual Arabic speaker preferable but not required.The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Minimum years experience required
- 8+ years of relevant experience working in a big 4 firm preferably with at least 2-3 years of doing Capital Markets work as defined in job description above
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.