Job description / Role
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer-term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
Under the guidance of Engineering Supervisor and / or the Assistant Director of Engineering and within the limits of the established Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policies and OSM (Operational Standards Manual), his/her responsibilities are to provide efficient, personalized, courteous and punctual service and technical skill. To work with a team spirit and to ensure that all hotel guest rooms, other facilities and equipment are in good and working conditions.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Displays good teamwork attitudes while working in a team for major Preventive Maintenance repairs or service works
- Creates an atmosphere of tranquility amongst the team.
- Recommends improvements in methods, systems and procedures to improve efficiency and maximise customer satisfaction.
- Be willing to train and instruct other members of the staff by passing along knowledge and skills.
- Assist in Task Force Teams for new openings
- Executes all electrical and set-ups and associated work to the highest professional standards for the whole property.
- Performs the tasks assigned and ensures their implementation while working independently.
- Acts on issues and concerns in his activity field immediately.
- Must be able to control the stocks and other items in his workshop and order more as required.
- Abides to the daily task and ensures timely implementation.
- Checks extra needs of a guest.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Repairs and maintenance of all sound, T.V., telephone and fire detection equipment as well as the operation of sound system during functions.
- Relief the electricians during their absence.
- Repair and maintain all electronic equipment and related devices.
- Cooperating with the colleagues in /out the department to reach guest satisfaction.
- Handling all electronics equipment repairing & Maintenance Orders.
- Following up the purchasing of the needed materials for his job.
- Makes oneself thoroughly familiar with the hotel's emergency procedures and in a state of preparedness for any emergency which may occur.
- Is familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for his/her field of responsibility.
- Is aware of the daily hotel activities and has product knowledge of all the hotel
- Perform as per OSM Standards, and in line with the company's Values and Core Behaviours
- Ensure properly groomed at all times
- To attend training classes as per schedule
- Shows fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments
- Able to analyse problems and formulate plans to get work done quickly with a high degree of quality
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.