Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. As AV Technician, you will manage the operations of the audio-visual support unit to ensure professional quality audio-visual technical support as needed for social events, receptions, etc. Oversee scheduling of personnel to provide support necessary to set and operate equipment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to The Director of Information Technology, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Sets up and maintains the sound and lighting systems in entertainment areas.
- Operates the sound and light systems for assigned shows and events.
- Assists in setup and strike of band equipment for different acts in entertainment venues.
- Handles all tech requests from catering and events set up.
- Handles all department set up needs from setting up/tearing down staging to putting up banners for events.
- Assists in the safety, proper maintenance, repair and technical work of any stage sets, meeting spaces and conventions.
- Assists in necessary, the collected effort of any technical work needed for stage/meeting space set-up and breakdown.
- Ensures proper sound, video, and lighting for stage shows and conventions.
- Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, special events, rehearsal/training, maintenance and evening show performances.
- Lighting reinforcement of all stage presentation or convention or special projects.
- Maintain system service information and personal daily work logs.
- Exhibits a positive outgoing personality.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.