Job description / Role
Description : Position requires a skilled Electronics Technician with the ability to perform Planned Maintenance Interval Inspections (PMI), Organizational, Intermediate, and Depot level maintenance on H-60 helicopters, which also includes troubleshooting, testing, inspections, repairs of aircraft radio's, radar, navigation equipment, and other rapid communication devices. Extensive knowledge in wire, and connector repair is required. Position is in Jubail Saudi Arabia. Essential Responsibilities :
- Current or previous experience performing H-60 helicopter electronics work to include but not limited to:
- Perform maintenance and repair of major assemblies, subassemblies, and wire and connector replacements on the H-60 aircraft and related systems. Have a knowledge of electronic theory.
- Perform inspection, troubleshooting, fault detection, fault isolation, and appropriate corrective actions on electrical and utilities systems.
- Operate and maintain all applicable ground support equipment. Identify, use and maintain all common, special, and precision tools available for power plant maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for all maintenance documentations, applicable forms, records, and reports using appropriate references and other publications including the NAMP.
- Provide On-the-Job-Training (OJT) for Saudi technicians and other personnel to include maintaining appropriate training records to document training.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 8 years current or previous experience performing complex helicopter electrical work to include but not limited to: installation, tests, troubleshooting, repair, overhaul, alignments, modification, performing final test calibrations, and solving maintenance problems in highly complex navigation identification, radar electronic devices, navigational radar, electronic countermeasure systems, global positioning system (GPS), and armament systems.
- Must be able to solve complicated problems encountered by pilots while in flight. Often these problems cannot be duplicated on the ground.
- Have a thorough understanding of flight characteristics and their effects on electronic systems. Systems includes search/ navigational radar, communication, navigation, electronic countermeasures, data computing, recording equipment, weapons computer, and inertial measurement systems.
- Be able to use test equipment such as voltmeters, signal generators, sweep/ pulse generators, dual trace oscilloscopes, deviation meters, sweep carts, precision power, and frequency measuring devices. Also, must use various test sets that detect discrepancies that often do not appear during bench rework in work centers.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic diagrams, and technical directives
- Work with miniaturized solid-state circuits and devices. Able to use a full range of hand tools common to the trade.
Must have a thorough knowledge of digital/ analog computers, algebra, and trigonometry.
- Must be able to pass a background check, and drug test.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a <Secret>
- US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands :
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk, and stand on level, inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day. Also be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
Other Responsibilities: Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams. Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities. Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.