Job description / Role
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Conceptualize scalable production solutions and develop architecture for large AWS and Hybrid Cloud engagements
• Able to lead, create and close High Level and Low Level design deliverables with client architects.
• Bring expertise in Cloud Governance and compliance.
• Proven understanding of AWS key services, consumption models and be able to construct cost effective solutions for our client.
• Proven experience in developing migration strategies and executing migration of enterprise grade mission critical production workloads
• Familiarity with data center concepts and best practices, high - availability systems, capacity planning, system performance evaluation, and diagnostic techniques and methodologies.
• Design the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc
• Design the AWS network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
• Design the HA / DR strategies
• Develop automation strategies for application administration on cloud.
• Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
• Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
• Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• AWS Solution Architect - Professional
• Understanding of Kubernetes and RedHat ecosystem (Openshift, Ansible, RH Fuse, RH SSO, etc)
• Advisory or consultancy experience in technical projects and services
• 3+ years of experience in AWS technologies
• 3+ large migration experience in complex environments
• 10+ years of experience in delivering complex and large-scale IT projects
• 3+ year of experience in architecting in enterprises using agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban), Design Thinking
• Cloud-native application development (PaaS, Serverless technology, API management, microservices)
• Microservices (Java Springboot and others), Serverless, Istio
• Microservices containers & orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
• DevOps and CI/CD principles (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Github, etc.)
• Architecture-Design: Cloud-native and Cloud-ready applications (APIenabled, containerization)
• API REST, API Gateways, Swagger, OAuth
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.