Job description / Role
The Banquet Coordinator plans and oversees food, beverage and entertainment events held at the hotel including conventions and wedding receptions.
- To discuss the function with a client, ascertaining and noting their exact needs.
- To show the client the various facilities available, advising and discussing the merits of the various options.
- To advise and discuss the choice of menus.
- To advise and discuss table plans.
- To ascertain what entertainment, if any, is required.
- To ascertain what table appointments, e.g. flowers, are required.
- To confirm the availability of the facilities required.
- To monitor and control provisional and confirmed function bookings and ensure that no double bookings occur.
- To confirm all details in writing to the guest.
- To up-date status board and advise all departments once confirmation of the function is received, normally under the banqueting manager's signature.
- To assist the banqueting manager during the function.
- To be constantly aware of new business opportunities and action these.
- To be available to conference organisers at all times during a conference.
- To ensure the cleanliness of all conference and function rooms.
- To ensure that all necessary stationery requirements are in place.
- To ensure that all the equipment requested is in position and in working order, particularly audio and sound systems.
- To ensure that water jugs, glasses and refreshments are replenished at regular intervals.
- To ensure that ashtrays are changed during each break.
- To ensure that the requested refreshments are served timeously.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.