Job description / Role
Administer the successful planning, organization, and coordination of all banquet floor activities, including exceptional banquet service execution, labor forecasting and control (scheduling), leading management and service team colleagues, focusing on the guest, colleague, owner, and brand awareness.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Build a service culture that is characterized by specialists, providing engaging service, creating memorable events
- Lead by planning, communicating, ensuring ongoing training and execution of all standards are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure managers and staff to assigned appropriate work specific functions and tasks and are held accountable to the expectations
- Ensure quality guest service at all times, ensure hotel standards are adhered to
- Ensure all hotel standards are adhered to as outlined in the employee handbook
- Hold monthly communication meetings, plus daily pre, mid and post briefings with leaders and staff.
- Make decisions that are in the best interest of our constituents - colleagues, guests, owners, and brand.
- Follow details as required on printed information, convention resumes, event contracts as required
- Ensure communication log book information is logged and passed on shift to shift
- Set the highest standards specific to grooming and overall professionalism.
- Ensure all situations are handled with our values in mind - Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment.
- Ensure all room set ups are accurate, timely and meet established standards.
- Ensure maintenance of all equipment is maintained, through an ongoing deficiency program
- Meet clients for specific rooms and functions
- Responsible for the banquet department's capital improvement expenditures.
- Any and all other responsibilities as needed and required.
Your experience and skills include:
- Warm and caring personality.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to anticipate and focus attention on guest needs, being professional and welcoming
- Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo!
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.