Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, every guest interaction is an opportunity to create a lasting memory. Your leadership as Banquet Manager will inspire your team to be brand ambassadors, while your organization and communication will ensure that all events reflect our guests' preferences - and anticipate their needs as well as successful planning, organization and co-ordination of all assigned functions within the Department
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haram and the Holy Ka'aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world's tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project, is the iconic symbol of hospitality in the Holy City. The hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1618 guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully and elegantly appointed-with extravagant amenities and five-star services that allow for peaceful reflection and repose .
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Director of F&B, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the smooth daily operation of the banquet department as well as all banquet.
- Responsible for daily operation by managing on the floor.
- Coordinates the selection, training and development of all banquet colleagues to ensure hotel standards are maintained.
- Schedules and supervises all banquet servers, porters, bartenders within the budgeted guidelines.
- Organizes and co-ordinates function room set-ups and food and beverage services.
- Conducts frequent inspections of banquet facilities and equipment, reporting any deficiencies to maintenance.
- Maintain a liaison with convener and coordinator before, during and after all services to ensure all needs are at least satisfied, if not exceeded.
- Attend pre and post-convention meetings (tie down meetings) when scheduled in the absence of the F&B Manager.
- Maintain and ensure that all function information is kept up to date with respect to all changes and or revisions.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is maintained and accurate inclusive of payroll, billing and gratuity distribution.
- Participate in daily communication meetings (scoop) with catering, stewarding and banquet Chef.
- Ensure high level of departmental morale through coaching and co-chairing of monthly departmental communication meetings.
- Complete all other duties that are assigned by the Director of F&B/F&B Manager that relates to the overall operation.
- Take a constructive approach to achieving departmental goals with regards to the Guest Service Index, financial targets and Health and Safety.
- Ensure extremely high level of guest satisfaction showing an yearly increase on both the in room guest comment cards and the convention evaluation forms.
- Able to foster a positive approach towards Health and Safety with all staff and maintain a low frequency of accidents.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with all coordinators of convention and catering events.
- Follow up on any clients concerns that arise during a program.
- Work closely with food and beverage outlet managers to ensure all concerned are aware of additional program needs.
- Cooperate in all respects especially with reference to scheduling and the sharing of staff during busy periods.
- Coordinate with the Chef and his subordinates on the execution of meal service for all catered functions.
- Communicate guest satisfaction and concerns that arise in respect to food product.
- Ensure that any special requests by the convener are communicated and that Royal Service or appropriate maintenance departments are notified of any meeting/banquet room deficiencies, including service areas.
- Billing of convention items is documented and correct.
- Ensure that equipment needs are adequately maintained and inventories kept.
- Minimum 3 years experience as an Assistant Banquet Manager in a medium to large size hotel.
- A proven leader and committed to colleagues development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required.
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.