Job description / Role
Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. Your attention to detail and excellent communication skills as Banquet Supervisor will empower your team to deliver exceptional service to guests of our group functions.
Located just north of the city, Fairmont Riyadh will be part of a new mixed-use development project comprising the hotel, a convention center and commercial real estate space that will house multinational corporations as well as regional companies. The hotel will feature 298 spacious guestrooms, including Fairmont Gold. Guests will enjoy a selection of dining venues as well as spa and fitness facilities. The convention center comprises 4,000 square meters of meeting and function space.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Supervise the Banquet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
• Supervise the service of food and beverage items for assigned banquet meetings
• Address guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
• Train Banquet Colleagues in the absence of a trainer
• Participate in scheduled departmental meetings
• Review banquet event orders to ensure the proper set-ups are in place
• Have full knowledge of all menu items being served
• Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous food & beverage leadership experience preferred
• Previous Point of Sale System experience preferred
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
• University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Eligible candidate will be provided visa to have work permit as per the local law.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Restaurant Manager
|Saudi Arabia||4 Mar|