Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
Our Retail Director is responsible for setting up the business plan of the Brand along with goals and objectives, budgets and commercial targets in alignment with the General Manager as well as Brand Owners' strategic direction for the short and long term. In addition, our Retail Director is responsible for managing the human capital within the Brand, directly or through Department Managers, ensuring excellence of commercial performance.
- Elaborate the Brand's vision and set up the yearly strategic plan and the yearly budgets in accordance with the General Manager
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers, marketing, merchandising and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity...)
- Work in close coordination with the General Manager and recommend ideal retail and wholesale mix (stores to shut, prospecting for new/existing wholesales deals)
- Monitor and direct daily operations to ensure that goals and objectives are met in term of sales targets, margin and profit and take corrective action when necessary
- Approve Brand mix and oversee smooth implementation of opening, closing and renovation of shops and often get involved with the buying process
- Maintain smooth relationships with Brand Owners to ensure sustainable brand growth in the middle east
- Align with eCommerce and e-Retail managers on a regular basis to ensure pricing alignment on all channels
- Ensure optimization of supply chain processes to protect margins
- Monitor and oversee the Brand's budget and financial KPIs
- Analyze and improve cost effectiveness; prepare, review budget updates in collaboration the Retail Regional Manager
- Prioritize and allocate available resources, make recommendations for improvement and ensure maximum effective service provision
- Hold regular business reviews with General Manager to review final PandL
- Attend Area Managers' meetings to review the shops performance: sales achievements, marketing activities, staff training, and provide reports to General Manager in a concise and informative manner
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities; provide action plans and follow up on implementation
- Assign individual objectives area management and merchandising teams, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of HiPOs within team
- Ensure optimization of resources through proper manpower planning
What we can offer you
- We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.