Job description / Role
Working closely with the Growth and Business Development teams, as the Bid Manager you will be responsible for delivering high-quality bids on time and within budget. This individual will be responsible for successfully navigating bids through the internal governance process and obtaining relevant approvals at each stage of the procurement. The successful candidate will lead the management, production and delivery of bids across all sectors primarily in Saudi Arabia. Growth in Saudi is fundamental to the SME core strategy and it needs a Growth team on the ground.
• Lead and motivate high performing bid teams, in accordance with Serco’s governing principles, with an expectation to win.
• Deliver high-quality bids on time and within budget by developing bid management framework.
• Develop positive relationship with the customer where appropriate through the opportunity owner.
• Monitor competitors and stakeholders by conducting regular competitor/market intelligence reviews and stakeholder analysis.
• Ensure solution meets customer needs by working closely with Bid Director and SMEs to review and challenge solution and seeking stakeholder feedback on solution/submission.
• Lead by example and ensure that ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste are identified and responded to within their area of responsibility.
• Degree or equivalent professional qualification, or be able to demonstrate strong intellectual capacity, including excellent literacy and numeracy.
You are likely to have experience of:
• Leading bid teams (GBP 10M per annum contracts).
• Project management.
• Delivering projects to tight deadlines.
• Negotiating and closing new opportunities.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering