Job description / Role
Atkins looking for a talented Senior Bid Specialist to join our Win Work team at an exciting time in our growth and development.
• Leads capture planning / win strategy planning sessions to achieve approvals in-line with submission deadlines
• Executes and drives corporate governance processes, systems and procedures
• Ensures the effective use of the WW process and tools, for all bids, to maximize the opportunity of winning
• Ensures a winning, compliant, error free document arrives with the client in the correct format, meeting the deadline
• Provides organization and structure for bid teams to ensure effective and efficient work and use of time
• Generates top down financial estimates, use benchmarking tools to support financial models
• Manages the production of all bid documents ensuring they meet required quality standards and time deadlines
• High level understanding of commercials required
• Leads the interview/presentation ensuring the team has the correct level of creative input and coaching support to enable a winning approach
• Enacts change in the organization by driving improvements and doing things differently
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• 22 calendar days annual leave
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
The successful candidate will:
• Lead the bid process from capture stage to project appointment
• Have experience in the Middle East Design Consultancy Sector
• Be assertive, enthusiastic and highly organized, methodical and flexible
• Possess strong people leadership skills
• Have confidence to approach colleagues and stakeholders all levels to progress activities and resolve issues
• Work under time pressure and deadlines
• Be educated to Degree level or equivalent Professional qualifications, preferably in design / construction related field or business / marketing
• Have a minimum of 5 years working in a Work Winning, bids and proposals position
• Ideally have experience of working in a professional services environment
• Possess Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dynamics CRM, and Adobe Acrobat InDesign, and
• Be experienced in leading and facilitating workshops to drive winning strategies
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defense sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).