Job description / Role
The role of the Mechanical and Electrical BIM Engineers/ technicians will be within the Building Services Engineering Practice of the Design & Engineering business, primarily located in our Riyadh Office.
The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of a multidiscipline team of architects and engineers providing a comprehensive and fully integrated design service to our clients.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced BIM/Revit Engineer/ technician to work within an internationally renowned consultant, affording the opportunity to work on large scale, multidiscipline projects. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active and positive manner. Working with Principal and Senior engineering staff members, the individual will have the following responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Project delivery from Concept Design to Issue for Contract documentation, the BIM/Revit Engineer/ technician shall be able to develop Building Services design solution working in close collaboration with Architects, Structural Engineers and other design team stakeholders.
• Recognised BIM/Revit Accreditation or Qualification
• Assist in establishing and setting up new projects with the relevant file structures and adhere to all agreed BIM standards, BIM Execution plans etc.
• Assist with establishing project teams and resources. Utilise, create, where necessary, and manage project specific families.
• Project delivery, development of discipline specific engineering calculations, carry out modelling duties, co-ordinate with modelling teams and ensure full integration of modelling information with other disciplines.
• An in depth understanding of UK, US and Middle East design criteria, standards and regulations.
• Production of all engineering calculations and drawn information in the appropriate format to meet project timescales.
• Undertake self-checking initiatives whilst maintaining quality control of junior engineers works and ensure adherence to all relevant design criteria and standards.
• Developing the technical capability of the existing staff, advise on and give training, assist with continued development and respond to technical queries.
• Manage the implementation of discipline specific software for BIM/Revit design development.
• Work with the Building Services Management team to implement company processes and improve working practices.
• Technical advancement in the field of BIM, e.g. by maintaining a current working knowledge of industry practices and advances with the technology, then implementing them within the department.
• Ensure consistency of approach across REVIT & BIM Output
• Representation of the Building Services Practice in cross-team design workshop and progress meetings.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients across oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, clean power, nuclear and EDPM (engineering design and project management). On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, which has been integrated into our sectors. SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
The individual will have:
• A minimum of three years post graduate experience
• A discipline specific degree qualification from a recognised University in either Building Services Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• An excellent working knowledge of Autodesk Revit MEP with at least three years of experience, ideally having worked on major design projects in Dubai and the wider Middle East.
• Experience with ASHRAE and/or CIBSE criteria
• A robust knowledge of Building Services Engineering design and excellent knowledge and experience with services co-ordination.
• Proficient user of supporting design software such as IES, DiaLux, Safira, HevaComp Bentley etc.
• A keenness to drive organisational change, and a willingness to train and development existing staff, where applicable.
• Ability to work autonomously or as part of a larger team and able to make design decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility to work in other Middle East offices on short term assignments where necessary and willing to travel abroad for project related work
• Wider knowledge of other disciplines highly desirable
• Capable of accurate work under pressure and able to work on several projects simultaneously
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the process:
• We are in the process of shortlisting candidates and will advise you on your status soon
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).