Job description / Role
Brand Analyst - MUFE - Jeddah (Male)
The Brand Analyst’s role is to help maximize the profit potential by analysing and consolidating inventory risks and opportunities, and implementing inventory allocation strategies.
Key responsibilities of a merchandise analyst include: trend analysis, inventory allocation and providing guidance with regards to best sellers, slow movers and sale optimization throughout the region
- Gather intelligence and perform analyses on brand and category performance
- Ensure that proper intelligence is gathered on trends and customers in format approved by Regional Merchandise manager
- Consolidate local reports into a regional report and conduct annual regional analysis on performance of brand and product categories as well as on-demand analyses on categories
- Make recommendation on adaptations of categories to the market
- Make recommendation to Regional Merchandise manager in terms of appropriate changes of Group’s product classification
- Provide insights for the assortment plan of local stores and communicate regional decisions on assortment plan and discontinuities
- Consolidate analysis from local team and provide regional overview
- Recommend an initial store assortment aligned with Brand’s guidelines
- Consolidate local reports or extract reports from system on stock on hand in local stores, check alignment of stock with Brand’s guidelines
- Recommend withdrawal of under performing references at regional level or at local level if not flagged by local team
- Send instructions to local merchandise team to withdraw discontinued references on behalf of Regional Merchandise manager as per Brand’s instructions
- Prepare negotiation of returns with suppliers for discontinued items
- Perform analysis on gross margins for store budget and achievement of gross margin target
- Perform analyses on gross margins by store, categories and sub-categories of products based on historical data, qualitative feedbacks from local team, information on novelties and marketing campaigns and make proposal to Regional Merchandise manager
- Consolidate local reports on sales and gross margins into a regional report
- Perform analysis on historical launches of similar products in the region to improve accuracy of orders
- Ensure that top-down merchandise plan by country optimize sales and stay within end-of-season stock targets by taking into account realistic assumptions for key variables and all relevant information
- Consolidate purchases from countries at regional level and check that regional budget is consistent with commitments with suppliers
- Communicate new prices approved by RGM to MDM team correctly and on time for system entry
- Review reasons for discrepancies submitted to the regional team and solution proposed locally
- Monitor reimbursement by insurance
- Follow-up on returns for damages with suppliers
- Provide information as per templates and generate reports
- Compile monthly reports at regional level at SKU level
- Compile monthly reports on gross margin at store level
- Compile qualitative comments from area and store managers on product performance
- Monitor performance of purchase at SKU level, in particular new orders and collections for the region
- Compile monthly reports at regional level on customer analytics
- Compile reports from countries into a regional report
- Provide reports to Brand according to agreed frequency and templates
- Provide specific analyses on performance of categories at regional level
- Qualitative assessment) Accuracy and quality of reports
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.