Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
Our Brand Director is responsible for designing and implementing the strategy, goals and objectives, setting budgets and commercial targets of their brand(s) in alignment with the General Manager/ Vice President's strategic direction for the short and long term. In addition, our Brand Director is responsible for driving the development of their brand(s), predominately in its growth through new projects, whilst also reviewing and supporting the management of the current operational growth of retail/wholesale, commercially and financially. Our Brand Director will enable our business to achieve results through driving the capability of its human capital and promoting knowledge and information sharing whilst ensuring compliance within the Group's guidelines.
- Develop the business plan of the brand(s) in line with the strategic direction of the vertical and seek the buy-in of the Vice President (where applicable) or President
- Agree on portfolio's commercial KPIs for the year with Vice President/President (where applicable) and cascade to team accordingly; continuously monitor progress and development towards strategic objectives
- Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers, marketing, merchandising and regional teams to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity)
- Partner with Group leadership and run projects that enhance efficiencies around cost and time (i.e. any transformation or automation projects)
- Set the yearly fiscal and manpower budgets of the brand(s) with plans and needs and leverage available dashboards to monitor budget materialization
- Ensure People KPIs (i.e. nationalization, turnover rates) are agreed and cascaded to Line Managers (where applicable)
- React with agility to underperforming or successful initiatives
- Develop an evolving hybrid customer journey allowing to build, grow and sustain a community of loyal customers
- Manage store network investments (opening, renovation and closing) and digital investments (e.g. eCommerce, apps, digital in store, etc.)
- Create a strong digital revenue channel for the brand(s)
- Manage contracts and agreements with Brand(s) and request legal advisory where needed
- Develop long-term vision for the category and a brand acquisition strategy
- Prepare a compass, identify gaps in portfolio to match customer's aspirations and scout new brands
- Ensure that IRR by store conforms to the Group's guidelines
- Manage portfolio of brands (scale fast successful brand or terminate quickly failed brand)
- Review bi-annual list of bad performing stores(retail-specific)/retailers (distribution-specific) to ensure remedial plan is implemented
- Ensure all OPEX and CAPEX commitments remain within monthly budget allotments
- Ensure that monthly and annual financial statements prepared by own financial team reflect the financial position of Boat
- Mentor and coach team and lead them to achieve brands' vision and business plans milestones
- Assign operational responsibility to team while keeping accountability of deliverables
- Identify gaps in competences and manpower in team and find remedies with the help of the People Partner and Digital Business Manager
- Participate in Group's succession planning by identifying high potential within the team, especially potential captains
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in identifying, pursuing and capturing new business opportunities
- Experience in financial management, negotiating and agreeing to contracts
- Able to nurture relationships with clients/ partners
- Able to influence without authority and to be regarded as a credible trusted leader of a business Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire high performing teams
- Experience in developing and managing a cross-functional team with a variety of skills and experience
- Experience of working in a fast-pace, matrixed environment
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, and project management skills
- Master's Degree in Operations Management/ Business Administration or any related field
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 4 years in a similar role
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.