Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Bridges/Tunnels Engineer to carry out design and supervision of bridges & Tunnels and associated structures for our ongoing project in Jeddah.
A typical week would include:
• Identify the need of Client and the need of the end users
• Collect data needed for design as:
- Location Plans (from Town Planning), if required
- Results of the testing of the samples collected from the site under study
- Colored photos
• Review data and prepare the draft maintenance design for Project Manager
• Together with the Project Manager, meet the Engineer-in-charge from the Client to discuss all the documents prepared and finalize the comments
• Assist in preparing the design report
• To ensure the quality of the works during the construction stage by regular site visits and ensure compliance with drawings and specifications
• To participate in handing over of the work orders
• Assist PD in carrying out any correspondence needed with Client, the contractor and Government Departments (if needed)
• Assist in preparation of Monthly Reports in coordination with Project Manager
• To study and/or visit the work order sites in order to resolve any queries.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• I hold Bachelor Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• I have minimum 10 years of experience in bridges/tunnels construction and management.
• I am fluent in English & Arabic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Section Engineer - Structures
Section Engineer - Highways
Section Engineer - Utilities
Civil Inspector - Roads/Bridges
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall