Budgeting and Planning Analyst
Job description / Role
Purpose: To perform budget planning, cost estimates, budget control and financial reporting activities within the assigned Organization.
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, expenditures, and budget preparation. Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations. Prepare or analyze budgeting and accounting reports for the purpose of maintaining expenditure controls.
- Monitor routine expenditures; prepare analyses of complex issues for use of the Organization Head.
- Prepare detailed budget charts, tables and spreadsheets as needed, in support of a variety of budgetary analyses and special projects. Compile and display data by using table and graph spreadsheet applications.
- Identify relevant and usable data sources, select appropriate methods of data collection and data analysis, and report of conclusions, implications, and recommendations as part of SATORP financial reporting functionality.
- Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program. Continuously seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
- Perform cost-benefits analyses to compare operating programs, review financial requests, and explore alternative financing methods.
- Prepare various financial reports from SAP to determine monthly expenditures, costs and manpower data.
- Put together documents such as business plans and operational plans.
- Prepare relevant presentations for the Organization Head.
- Provide budget recommendations to respond to a wide range of issues. Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with SATORP procedures and regulations.
- Consult with relevant managers to ensure that budget adjustments are made in accordance with program changes.
- Develop, formulate and recommend funding scenarios to address concerns and facilitate resolution.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Organization Head.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- Eight (8) years of relevant accounting experience, of which at least Four (4) years in a similar position.
- Good knowledge of Refining operations and processes.
- Strong knowledge of Accounting principles.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong technical writing and reporting skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work effectively
- Conversant with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong command of oral and written English.
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.