Job description / Role
Building Management System Operator - BMS Operator (Transferable Iqama)
RAWABI Holding Company
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
- Operates and maintains Building Management System (BMS) for proper function and monitors against approved benchmarks to include; HVAC, Lighting, Security, Fire Suppression, Power Generation, Plumbing, and Electrical.
- Carry out routine checks for correct operation of all control equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor
- Performs routine checks and upgrades software as provided by the Manufacturer to ensure optimal functioning of the BMS system.
- Checks routinely for correct operation of all equipment in locations that include BMS control of systems.
- Monitor the operation of the HVAC control systems using the BMS to monitor performance.
- Adjust variables and provide adjustment as required to ensure systems are operating correctly within parameters
- Monitor and record values of HVAC systems to build up a database of records to provide data for energy efficiency improvement.
- Promptly report all accidents, injuries and unsafe working conditions or practices.
- Communicate all maintenance and repair actions in writing for information to management as required.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time.
- Ensure proper maintenance of materials and to advise on technology and modifications required to improve efficiency and cost savings
- Monitors and verifies operation of all BMS field devices.
- Troubleshoots BMS system faults and develops repair solutions.
- Adjusts BMS settings and parameters to meet changing conditions, i.e., Load, Environmental, Customer needs, etc.
- Inspects HVAC, Power Generation, Low-Voltage Electrical Switchgear, and UPS systems.
- Records maintenance data and generates reports as needed.
- Maintains documentation for all malfunctions, repairs, maintenance, or changes to systems and/or equipment.
- Monitors BMS for changes outside of normal operating parameters and reports these to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Monitors of fire detection alarm system, such as smoke detector, heat detector, sprinkler, and emergency exit, in coordination with Safety Function.
- Monitors of Water tank supply level alarm, air handling unit, fresh air handling unit.
- Monitors and controls the Fire pump system, motors, sewage pump, electrical system, water system, ventilation elevator control in the building.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager.
- Electro-mechanical/HVAC diploma. Engineering degree is a plus.
- 2-4 years of facilities maintenance experience with at least 1 year working with BMS
- Working knowledge of electrical systems including secondary distribution and interior systems
- Hands-on experience with electrical circuits, power cables, controls, motor, etc
- Ability to read blue prints, single-line diagrams, and rough shop drawings
- Possess strong knowledge in multiple skilled-trades (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc)
- Requires ability to analyze the operation of various infrastructure systems, determine the cause of problems/malfunctions, and take corrective actions as required
- Trained and experienced in BMS operation.
- Vigilant with attention for detail.
- Excellent computer operation skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to follow spoken and written instruction in English.
- Ability to deal with emergency situations in a calm manner. Integrity, commitment and courteous.
- Following instructions & Procedures.
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
About the Company
Rawabi Holding, through its fully owned subsidiaries, joint ventures and partnerships with international market leaders, focuses on four core sectors:
Oilfield Services, Contracting & Industrial Services, Offshore Services and Retail. Through these divisions, we provide a diversified range of products and services to a variety of industries: oil, gas and petrochemicals; marine; engineering and construction; power, telecom and IT; corrosion and industrial services; logistics; and consumer products. Although varied and distinct, all our offerings share the same commitment to quality, service and excellence that make them part of the Rawabi Holding family.
Rawabi Holding is a purpose-driven company that exists not only to generate profit, but also to improve everyone and everything we can. From customer projects and employee development to our impact on the communities in which we work, Rawabi Holding is propelled by an unwavering energy to make everything we touch better. No matter how great the challenge or how complex the problem, we face it head-on to deliver proven results.