Job description / Role
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our tailored services help build trust and confidence through transparency, clarity, and consistency for our clients across the MENA region. Our MENA clients look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, by supporting our MENA based EY Member Firms to serve clients in the MENA region across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
Within the MENA region, we are actively engaged with all sectors of the economy and actively supporting the vision of national leaderships especially in the GCC countries. We are dedicated to help our clients in all sectors anticipate the uncertainty they face in doing their business and work closely with them to help effectively manage the Risk. Technology is a major component underpinning the need to serve increasing demands of our MENA clients in their sophisticated technology environments.
As organizations look to leverage the advantage technology offers, we'll work with you to develop the consultancy and analytical skills that you'll need in today's environment. Working on projects that cross borders and sectors, the experiences you gain here will be more valuable than anywhere else.
EY is recruiting for Managers to join our Technology Risk team at various offices across MENA. You will be responsible to serve our clients as part of our teams across MENA offices. This position brings significant travel opportunities since EY operates a regional model with all consultants operating as one team across the region.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will be required to assist EY partners and other executives in managing key aspects of EY client engagements at a tactical level, as well as work as a key member of the engagement teams, draw on your knowledge and experience to solve complex issues for EY clients, support the MENA local Partner(s) and senior executives in sustaining client relationships, and build relationships with your MENA peers and internal clients.
As a Manager:
- Everything you will be involved in comes down to providing excellent customer service and helping our teams do the same.
- Whether it is working with multiple client teams, advising the clients on IT Risk related matters, or assisting executives with business development activities across various sectors, you will build strong relationships and become a trusted advisor to your MENA clients.
- You will participate in MENA engagements, working effectively as a team lead or a team member, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress. You will assist in client service delivery, participate in all assigned tasks, and assist in preparing reports that will be delivered to clients and other parties.
Skills and attributes for success
- Proactivity, accountability, and results-driven people will flourish in this environment.
- Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources, and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems or a related discipline. Alternatively, a degree in business, accounting, finance, with additional IT qualifications .
- 6-7 years of relevant experience of working as IT risk consultant or an IT auditor for a public accounting firm, professional services firm, technology company, telecom company or a financial services company, or comparable experience as an IT/IS consultant
- Relevant experience areas include, but not limited to, IT Risk assessment and management, Digital Trust, Mobile Technology assessments, Emerging Technologies (Robotics, IoT, Cloud and Blockchain), ERP control validations (SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics), systems and networking technologies, IT/Business process and internal control assessments, internal audit engagements, external audit integration, application of data analytics, and/or third-party reporting, etc.
- Fluent Arabic and/or English communication skills at a professional level.
- Strong verbal and written communication with out of box thinking abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- EY is actively looking to enhance the recruitment and retention of nationals and females across all MENA/GCC offices
Ideally, you'll also have
- CISA, CISSP, CISM, and/or CIA certification is essential for long-term growth in the role; Based on an individual's professional background, area of specialization or industry focus, we recognize that other certifications, credentials, or experience may be more relevant than the listed certifications and therefore may be acceptable.
- Experience of working in a similar role with an international consulting firm
- More operationally focused in working and institutionalizing best practices and process
What we look for
We are interested in professionals who are business savvy with a passion for quality work, innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Long-term career: we are a Big-4 global firm operating in almost all countries of the world.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax, and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region