Job description / Role
IBM Client Engineering Designers take a human-centered perspective in value engineering. They understand the human needs behind a clients challenge through lean user research and participative activities (Enterprise Design Thinking) in client conversations. Designers can uncover additional client needs to be addressed with IBM Technologies, leading to cross-and up-sell opportunities. Designers are responsible for translating client needs into desirable experiences that connect business, technology, and user goals. We increase client satisfaction with meaningful outcomes and drive adoption by bringing real value to real people.
If you come from outside tech; think you look a bit different to us; have a non-degree education, and wonder if your application would be welcome, please know that it very much is. We would love to get to know you a bit better, so apply. This might be a perfect match.
Excellent onboarding training will set you up for success, whilst ongoing development will continue to advance your career through its upward trajectory. Our sales environment is fast-paced and supportive. Always part of a team, you'll be surrounded by leaders and colleagues who are always willing to help and be helped - as you support MVPs that obsess over user-centricity and business impact.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Designer within Client Engineering, you'll be a key player in a multi-disciplinary team made up of Architects, Data Scientists, Engineers, Developers, and Business Strategists to deliver a unique client co-creation experience that uses IBM technology to accelerate and prove value for our clients.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this opportunity may include, but not be limited to:
- Synthesizing research, client insights, and requirements to craft user experiences that connect people in enduring ways with product, services, and brands
- Facilitating and leading user sessions, with clients and IBM team, using contemporary methods and tools to identifying and prioritizing technical challenges that uncover opportunities, drive innovation, and turn ideas into reality
- Leading UX and customer /user journey design for prioritized use cases and Minimal Viable Solutions', often reimaging how work is performed
- Demonstrating a growth mindset and continuous learning to create concept and process designs to guide clients to solve business challenges that deliver human-centered solutions
- Advocating for the user to create meaningful & engaging experiences that bridges the connection between human, business, and technology.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with UX and/or Visual Design Best Practices (Wireframing, Research, Prototyping, IA, etc.)
- Highly skilled work in visual and UX design best practices; excellent written communication and storytelling skills.
- Provable excellence of workshop preparation, facilitation, and post-session follow-up, with a track record of leading non-designers through concepts and techniques. All giving clients a clear site of optimized UX contributing to business value.
- Understanding of Enterprise Design Thinking and how to use it to drive to user centric solutions of complex technical problems
- Understanding of how to use user research methods (formal and informal) to uncover critical user, business and technical needs
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience connecting the user and service design with the broader business context and business framing to design a holistic solution to clients
- Experience in an Agile and LEAN methodologies; collaborative environments, understanding stakeholder requirements, and ensuring that designs serve the users.
- Comfort and technical fluency with Hybrid Cloud and Data & AI concepts
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.