Business Development Analyst
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Business Development Analyst to join the Transactions Center of Excellence (TCOE). TCOE is responsible for providing transaction execution advisory to insure quality and excellence in executing both core and non-core corporate transactions from the origination process through to the ongoing portfolio management until the successful exit of the investment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Business Development Analyst primary role is to support the screening, planning, development, and execution of new business ventures by applying extensive knowledge in the area of business development and formation of commercial entities. The Business Development Analyst independently evaluates new business proposals and participates in the development of new business ventures. The Analyst also extends support beyond business analysis and planning and may be involved in the structuring and negotiation of deals to achieve final deal closure.
Responsibilities for transactions include but not limited to:
- Commercial due diligence
- Economic evaluation
- Pre-gate compliance assurance
- Commercial deal structuring
- Negotiation strategy
- Sensitivity analysis
- Governance structuring
- Exit strategies
- Post transaction setup and readiness plans
- Portfolio management
- Board of director preparations
- Performance & KPI reporting
- IPO / exit readiness & assessments
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree such as Masters of Business Administration or a relevant charter such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) is preferred.
Minimum of eight to ten years of experience in commercial or business development, investment banking, management consulting & advisory; preferably with at least three to five years in investment / portfolio management.
- Work Experience - candidates from these sources would be the primary target
- Investment banking - valuation or buy/sell side analyst, customer facing and in the front office (not back office staff or experience in exchange / commodities trading or risk)
- Management consulting - analyst / associate with experience in company strategy, post transaction setup, joint ventures and business optimization
- Business development / mergers & acquisitions at NOC or IOC or at a major corporation
- Private equity - buy / sell side with valuation experience & portfolio/investment management
- Venture capital - buy / sell side with valuation experience & portfolio/investment management
- Investment portfolio management
- Joint venture / affiliate coordination and support
- Buy / sell side transactions
- Business development / mergers & acquisitions
- Company valuation
- Financial modeling
- Strategy development
- Post transaction setup & readiness
- Transaction management and oversight
- Business optimization
- Solid understanding of business model
- Experience with risks analysis, reporting and risks dashboards
- Understanding of portfolio management principles
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and financial statements
- A degree in finance, Business; MBA preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.