Business Development Consultant
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Strategy & Capital Planning Division reviews and recommends capital plans in line with Downstream strategy. The Business Development Analyst is accountable for all Downstream assets operation planning, profit, loss, and capital plans.
- Manages business development processes from screening, early engagements, studies, negotiation, and other required activities to progress proposals through stage gates all the way to deal closure.
- Leads business development activities encompassing: creating and developing partnerships along the value chain; developing business proposals, identifying suitable partnership strategy and business models to maximize value creation for Aramco
- Assist in the technical development and economic justification of capital programs, and alternatives to proposed capital projects .
- Liaise with other departments to identify growth opportunities and capture synergies between assets.
- Study margin improvement opportunities in current refining and chemicals assets in context with the competitive landscape and market fundamentals
- Support sustainability projects in line with environmental standards and decarbonization targets.
- Provide commercial and technical expertise in executing the downstream strategy, including appraisal of strategic options, identification of strategic tradeoffs and implementation plans
- Represents Saudi Aramco in professional societies, standard committees and conferences.
- Prepares, reviews and presents Management Committee briefs and presentations.
- Provides developmental and mentoring support to Business Development Analysts
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Business, or Economics. MBA or a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in business development, with a strong track record of economic and commercial evaluations for major chemicals and refining projects, and a deep understanding of associated operations and integration of assets.
- Proven track record of successfully developing strategies and vision to develop an emerging business within a large well-established organization.
- Strong business development and partnership development experience, including: establishing anchor projects with key partners. and bringing companies together as co-investors in a large project investment.
- Excellent understanding of financial analysis and valuation methodologies, commercial principals and mechanisms related to a transaction, and various types of commercial transactions.
- Expert in navigating and influencing complex internal stakeholder groups to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Expert in international business and cross-cultural professional practices
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.