Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The International Gas Department (IG) is responsible for sourcing and developing international gas value chain (upstream, liquefaction, marketing, regasification) investment opportunities. The department's role also includes coordinating the execution of these investment opportunities and managing these investments post transaction. The objective of this department is to create a viable, material integrated global gas business by 2035
Position is an individual contributor role as part of the economics modeling team and reports to the director of International Gas. We are seeking a Financial Economic Modeler to join the International Gas Department (IG) where incumbent will support the commercial business development team who develops the supply side of the LNG business and will lead the economic evaluation of LNG projects in terms of plant investment and offtake trading for investment decision making. Additionally, this role will also be required to engage with support functions such as Treasury, Group Finance and SM&A as part of the model sign-off and due diligence process. The incumbent must possess a level of profound international experience in valuation and modelling inf international upstream and LNG projects, with both on investment and divestment analysis experience.
The Financial Economic Modeler primary role is responsible for economic and financial modeling on an unlevered and levered basis to provide analysis of potential joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions primarily in LNG and Upstream opportunities.
- This position handles complex deal structures, with the development and interpretation of data used in a highly technical and confidential analysis platform.
- Assistance in the development of positions relative to new problem areas of situations and development of policies, programs and procedures are required on an economic mindset basis.
- Lessons learned and best business practices developed will be formalized into policies, programs and procedures to expand knowledge sharing within the organization and facilitate the successful fruition of subsequent analyses.
- Provide sound investment analysis advice in support of LNG and Upstream Projects for M&A deals, by leading economic evaluations and financial due diligence in the deal making process.
- Provide professional and technical expertise for the analysis and solution of complex problems in all areas of financial modeling and economic analysis.
- Validation and review of seller's models on opportunities related to Upstream and LNG, identify potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Provide sensitivity analysis to fully understand and articulate economic value drivers to management.
- Examine and prepare variance analysis of economic assumptions and high-level technical inputs with functional engagement support.
- Provide support in preparation of management presentations for progression of deals through the stage gate process.
- Assist in the formulation and implementation of economic analysis and policies and procedures to prevent or resolve problems and follow-up implemented changes to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Ensure that the company standards and processes are reflected in capital projects progression, project evaluations and in analysis of the business and environment through the stage gate process.
- Training and development and provision work direction to junior professional analysts.
As the successful candidate:
- Candidate is required to hold a bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business. An MBA or other advanced Post-Graduate degree in Economics or a business-related degree is preferred.
- Candidate is required to have history of career progression with at least fifteen years of related financial modeling work experience, preferably in an investment banking environment or a major petrochemical or energy industry corporation.
- Candidate must have significant experience with Economic Evaluations, Cash Flow & Variance Analysis, structured finance, project finance and/or financial modeling.
- Experience in conducting Monte-Carlo stochastic risk analysis and VB excel modelling would be advantageous.
- Candidate should be able to quickly establish credibility in the position and to effectively interact with all levels of management, including senior leadership.
- Candidate should have demonstrable leadership and management experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills is also necessary. In addition to strong command of English. Knowledge of Arabic a plus.
- Strong ability to establish and maintain networks, both within and across company organizations is necessary.
- Capability to work effectively within a matrix organization and with multi-disciplinary teams is also preferred
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.