Business Development Director - Telecommunications
Ernst & Young
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
Our Business Development function brings together business, sector and account knowledge along with EY competencies and solutions to meet unique client needs. The Business Development organization shapes and drives an integrated growth strategy across EY's largest accounts, industry sectors, solutions and services, while demonstrating and achieving market leadership through a client centric culture.
This is a senior sales role to lead our sales efforts across key MENA Telecoms accounts. A large focus of this role is client facing relationship development and B2B sales. You will be expected deliver exceptional client service by understanding our client's issues and challenges, leveraging the firm's capabilities to originate and drive new business opportunities to grow revenue, and deepen the customer relationship management. You'll drive global account strategy, rigorous account planning and relationship development across the client(s) organization.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for delivering sales within your assigned Telecoms accounts and challenged with achieving personal sales and pipeline targets. You'll develop sales plans and act as a strategic advisor internally and externally. As much as 80% of your time will be externally focused, actively engaging with key Telecoms clients in the MENA region to drive our account management framework and actively build and enhance our client relationships within key Telecoms accounts. Additional, time will be spent on strategy and management initiatives.
Skills and attributes for success
Thriving in a matrixed organization is essential, balancing the needs of the client against business initiatives and goals. Your ability to develop and build relationships is vital as you collaborate with colleagues across the firm to drive a coordinated market effort. Possessing natural coaching skills, you'll inspire others with your actions in the market. You'll be a trusted advisor to the Global Client Service Partners (GCSPs) and account teams, acting in a consultative manner. You'll be the catalyst that pulls stakeholders together to drive strategic initiatives and enable sales growth.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- An advanced degree or MBA
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in Business Development or Solution Sales in the Telecoms sector
- An established professional network within the Telecoms industry executive presence and the ability to influence
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
Skills and attributes for success
Demonstrating market leadership:
- Serving as a Business Development Director on core account(s) and/or being responsible for a defined account portfolio as the client facing BD Executive
- Participating in key external events and meetings - client meetings, presentations and roundtable etc.
- Building and leveraging personal external networks and relationships
- Participating in and/or lead the core account(s) most strategic pursuits
Market strategy and objective:
- Working with the leadership team to develop a market execution plan
- Aligning Service Line and account-based initiatives with Market Segment Leaders (MSLs) and Global 360 (G360) Global Client Service Partners (GCSPs)
- Instill Exceptional Client Service (ECS) principles in Service Lines, Market Segments and accounts
- Own and initiate select key relationships in the market
- Overseeing deployment of thought leadership within core accounts and targets
- Monitoring market segment trends, industry issues, and competitive intelligence.
- Analyzing and reacting to business competition and developments to maintain agility and responsiveness to clients' needs and requirements
- Deploying and monitoring Sales Management processes, policies and procedures in order to ensure the consistency, efficiency and quality of internal and external customer expectations
- Ensuring continuous improvement in customer experiences through development and deployment of best practice processes
- Driving operational excellence in the following areas:
- Lead generation - uncovering clients' requirements and hence EY opportunities
- Pipeline - discipline and reporting
- Financial - negotiation, pricing, margin
- Sales and revenue forecasting
- Account planning reviews with G360 and Core accounts
- Win/Loss debrief reporting and recommendation
- Service quality reporting and recommendations
What we look for
Our successful Client Executives deliver exceptional client service by proactively originating new business, sharing ideas and bringing innovation to your clients. Additionally, you'll be digitally connected across your clients' full ecosystem while collaborating to find or build the right solution tailored to the business needs while challenging their thinking with distinct points of view.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning : You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you : We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership : We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture : You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region