Job description / Role
Business Development Executive "Import Airfreight"
The purpose of the role is to Sales Development of Airfreight Import, using all of the tools available to you, growing business from existing and new customers in order to reach and exceed predefined targets set by company Management.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* To be the primary point of contact for the customer, selling KN (Airfreight) services with a specific focus on the import but not limited to.
* To closely cooperate with operations to develop and apply specialized knowledge relative to the assigned business unit and trade lane (where applicable) and liaise on pricing/RFQ preparation.
* To develop spot and regular opportunities with existing and new customers.
* To focus on customer retention engagement on assigned account portfolio.
* To prepare and conduct customer visits, calls, presentations, negotiations, and contracts.
* To input and timely update of sales activities utilizing CRM system.
* To ensure proper transitioning of the customer to operations in line with customer requirements and internal procedures.
* To complete all required sales activities (calls, visits, leads, opportunities).
* To focus on and develop new/existing customer targets.
Good reasons to join
We offer an employee friendly environment for you to develop and grow to become a skilled transportation logistics professional in a challenging and fast developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group. If, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of benefits on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in our business.
Applicants must possess the above experience and skill set in order to be considered for this role. Apply online ensuring that an up to date CV is attached to your application.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 76,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
* The ideal candidate has a Bachelors Degree in Marketing and Sales/Business/Industrial Engineering
* Any professional certification is highly appreciated
* Prior experience in Air Logistics of minimum 2 years is mandatory, along with experience in Sales Department
* Leadership experience is preferred
* Knowledge of financial standards, principles, and procedures
* Implementation of efficient processes
* Negotiation skills
* Advanced verbal and written communication in English is essential for the role, basic knowledge of Arabic Language would be considered a plus
About the Company
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1000 offices in over 100 countries, with over 63,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company’s truly world class capabilities:
Seafreight Airfreight Contract Logistics & Integrated Logistics Road & Rail Logistics
Kuehne + Nagel is financially strong, stable and independent. Our global logistics network, cutting-edge IT systems, in-house expertise and excellent customer service is proof of our dedication to be the market leader. These attributes have placed us at the forefront of our industry, and positioned us to continue increasing the scope of our customer solutions and services.