Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are continuing to expand and are keen to receive profiles of evangelists in this skill area. If you are interested in upcoming positions in IBM please review the skills that our strategic sales teams will require. If it is a match to your expertise, please apply so that we may connect with you soon
Business Development Executive - Middle East and Pakistan Region
As we tackle the world's biggest challenges, our company continues to grow. Whilst this is not a current opening, we're always looking for talented Business Development Executive professionals like you to join us in this new AI, Cloud, Security, Services Cognitive era.
Be a part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals.
Business Development Executives are responsible for the ongoing identification, development, and qualification of cross-infrastructure solutions business opportunities, including strategic outsourcing.
For this role
- You will develop an extensive portfolio of strategic services opportunities
- You will develop and maintain extensive executive and senior management relationships in client organizations
- You will work collaboratively with other IBM units, partners and external consultants as appropriate.
- You will be responsible for the ongoing qualification of opportunities and make informed recommendations
- You will own the opportunity until formal engagement, facilitating the transition to the assigned engagement team, and stay involved after the engagement
Do you have?
- In-depth knowledge of the local market, key competitors' and potential partners' offerings
- Experience in developing and executing a winning sales strategy
- Business Development and Client Management experience (IT Infrastructure Services)
- Strong leadership skills
- Multinational corporate experience
- Superior client communications; written/oral/presentations
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Professional IT services and solutions sales with proven track record of leading and winning mega deals
If you are interested in becoming an IBMer please apply so that we may connect with you soon.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experienced C-suite IT services seller, appropriate and articulate taking care of clients at the most senior levels including Board level.
- At least 5 years working experience in BDE and/or IT sales field.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills with solid ability to establish relationships.
- Personal drive, tenacity and energy and results oriented.
- Suberb communication and presentation skills with the ability to produce and deliver powerful and persuasive presentations - comfortable in presenting to both small and large audiences.
- Highly organised, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take care of and lead highly complex situations and environments.
- Innovative and creative in solving complex problem.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.