Job description / Role
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Business Development Experts provide leadership and drive the execution of growth plans across the target market for both Software and Cloud environments cross- industry and customer segment. Define our competitive advantage and establish the key reasons for customers and prospects to leverage cloud deployment models and other innovative technologies to achieve strategic business objectives. Guide efforts to develop local capabilities with time, enabling market leadership to respond most quickly to growth opportunities. Drive syndication of best practice programs, tools, methods and processes to accelerate profitable performance and market penetration. Identify, evaluate and execute on investment opportunities.
Area 1 : Serve as a member of professional business development "virtual" team delivering results across a target market in a best-in-class manner, leveraging the broader organization. Recruiting global and regional resources to drive programs and initiatives.
Area 2 : Ensure new deals and revenue programs can be commercialized and are executable in a target market. Focus on driving profitable revenue results, executing on revenue generating deals and programs and developing and fostering related commercialization capabilities in a target market.
Area 3 : Place a premium on execution and generating results in support of the target market business plan. Develop creative, workable alternatives to enable opportunities. Work effectively in a team environment and generate high impact results. Ramp-up scalable revenue programs. Focus on the highest value priorities and tactfully push through resistance to change.
- Ensure that work streams are delivered on scope, on budget and on time and will coordinate periodic status meetings and be responsible for detailed status reporting to applicable global, regional, local leadership.
- Responsible for identifying performance improvement ideas and working with the leadership to implement the ideas.
- Coordinate with the global teams on other operational topics such as communications, budget, resource planning and tools, 3rd party partnership negotiations and defining contractual obligations.
- 10+ years professional business experience, international business experience preferred in enterprise software sales, sales enablement industry operations, corporate development.
- Experience in program planning and / or evaluating new business development opportunities in new or emerging markets.
- 3 + years of SAP work experience. Experience in Cloud in the B2B environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proficient understanding of SAP, its products and solutions, partners, markets and competition.
- Understanding of cloud, Hosted Services, and SaaS/ PaaS models, cloud -based commerce/ business networks.
- Strong knowledge of best business practices and financial theory and analysis.
- Fluency in English, any other language an asset.
- Fluency in the language of local markets desirable.
- All necessary local work permits preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Computer Science required from an accredited university. MBA or advanced degree in related discipline preferred.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.