Job description / Role
Business Development Manager - Electric industry
Our client, an energy company in Saudi Arabia requires a Business Development Manager to join on a permanent residential basis in Riyadh, KSA.
The main purpose of the role is to identify and pursue new business / investment opportunities. Strong understanding of the regulatory, economic, political environment at central and state level in KSA.
• Pursue specific opportunities with a view on competitive play, technologies, cost and funding.
• Bid Management
• Provide leadership in determining the financial viability of projects and the projected outcomes on the revenue side.
• Be involved in project appraisal & risk analysis for both new projects as well as acquisitions.
• Project modelling and development, including facilitating decisions internally and seeking internal approvals
• Lead the bid process management for various state, central schemes. This will include preparation of request for proposal, techno-commercial evaluation of projects etc.
• Responsible for managing regulatory affairs and policy advocacy
• Working and networking with various government bodies viz. Saudi Arabia General Investment Authority (SAGIA), Ministry of Commerce & Industry ( MOCI), General Org for Social insurance (GOSI), MODON, SEC, REPDO, Ministry of Interior, MEIM, plus other government department for project clearances. Managing relationships with the joint venture partners during the development period of the project.
• Be involved in negotiation of different legal agreements that would be required for any project structuring.
• Delivering on and understanding the cost structures of each project
• Suitable candidates will have an MBA/PGDM with 10 years’ of experience with a minimum 5 Years of combined experience in electric utility operations, solar/renewable resource integration, distribution planning/engineering, or electric industry consulting in Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies