Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The key purpose of this Business Development Manager role in KSA is to find new business opportunities and own them through to successful conclusion.
- Responsibility and accountability for identifying opportunities, shaping customer propositions, owning bid and quotation processes and ultimately for signing and implementing profitable business contracts in line with the business/JV strategy.
- Achieving the assigned New Business revenue and profit targets
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Sophisticated level of cultural awareness within the local environment, particularly KSA. i.e. must work/have worked in KSA
- Effective communicator to senior management level - able to hold business conversations at the top levels
- Proven experience and skills as a negotiator, delivering the best results for his/her employer without compromising agreement with the customer
- Experience of contributing to strategic business management issues as well as developing well thought-out tactical plans to deliver new business.
- Ability to influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership internally and externally.
- Preferably fluent in the Arabic and English languages with excellent verbal and written skills (to the extent of writing compelling sales and bid documentation) in both.
- Preferably will have Serco industry experience i.e. IFS (Integrated Facilities Services), Aviation, Transport, Health, Education
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.