Job description / Role
The Strategy and Business Development Manager is responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities. The Strategy and Business Development Manager should provide market feedback to the Royal Commission management regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate business development ideas:
• Take ownership of the management of the marketing functions of the business and drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Royal Commission`s ambitious growth for the JCPDI.
• The Strategy and Business Development Manager is responsible for planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
The day-to-day duties typically include:
• Researching organizations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets.
• Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing.
• Contacting potential investors and other business opportunities to establish rapport and set up meetings.
• Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
• Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
When it comes to the challenge of actually selling, other typical duties include:
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays.
• Contacting investors to inform them about new developments in the company s products.
• Negotiating and close business agreement with potential investors.
• Developing business and strategy goals for the development of JCPDI port and plan for implementation of goals.
• To keep healthy relationships with investors, this mostly requires socialisation. So, from simple chats on the phone to lunches and events or conferences business development managers must be sure to keep their customers happy. Of course, as with all office jobs, documentation is also a big part of the work.
• Business development professionals are also obligated to write reports and provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working.
• The Strategy and Business Development Manager may also perform other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
• A recognized University Degree/ Bachelor s degree in relevant field of international development, economics and business.
• Must have a combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to ten years working in the area of strategic planning, business development and port development.
• Must have five or more years of management & leadership, managing multiple employees.
• Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
• Must have experience of working in a corporate/business-focused environment.
• Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through the generation of leads.
• Familiar with applicable laws, codes and permit requirements that govern the marine industries.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to act as an ambassador to the community.
• Must possess the ability to speak and present information to a group both in a public or internal setting.
• Skilled in analyzing a situation, assessing alternative solutions and recommending an effective course of action.
• Proficient use of computer programs including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, & Outlook).
• Ability to hear, speak and understand English.
About the Company
maptalent are experts at delivering quality recruitment and human capital solutions across the Middle East, United States and United Kingdom.
Having highly experienced teams based out of our offices’ in Dubai, Los Angeles and Birmingham specialising in the recruitment of professionals across a wide range of sectors including contracting, power, energy, consultancy, architecture, infrastructure, fit-out and mechanical electrical engineering.
maptalent is a partner managed business with staff we consider to be the best in their field. With nearly 80 years combined international recruitment experience maptalent has capacity to provide challenging and successful recruitment solutions.
If you are looking for a position in the Middle East, USA or the UK or you are wanting to find out where maptalent can add value to your recruitment process then get in contact.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Al Rass||29 Oct|