Business Development & Market Activation Manager - Assurance Services
Job description / Role
MENA Business Development & Market Activation Manager - Assurance Services
Rank: Assistant Director
Open to All MENA locations in MENA but for UAE and Bahrain they must be nationals only.
In our business, we are passionate about our people who are inspiring excellence in how we engage with our clients and applying solutions to build a better working world.
The Service Line Market Activation Manager is primarily responsible for strategic and tactical deployment support for go-to-market initiatives within a market segment (Industry sector or geography) and/or service line. They work closely with MS / SL leadership to determine the activities and actions needed to implement business development programs that grow pipeline and revenue and drive growth. This individual also plays a key role in idea generation, project management, execution and measurement of go-to-market programs and initiatives.
- Participate with leadership in the strategic planning process for the market segment (industry sector or geography) or service line, including the identification of appropriate go-to-market activities for focus required to achieve market leadership plan
- Implement market analysis and account segmentation/ prioritization for market segment (industry sector or geography) or service line.
- Active in development of execution plan for go-to-market activities. Works closely with team members to identify business needs, determine target audience / accounts, co-develop actions and timelines, and align resources.
- Serve as project manager for the implementation of firm wide business development programs within the market segment (industry sector or geography) /service line, including sales campaigns, growth platforms and other prioritized initiatives that support opportunity development and account management. Track results of go-to-market initiatives and provide frequent status communications.
- Team with Business Development functional specialists, Brand, Marketing and Communications, and other resources as needed to support market segment (industry sector or geography), service line, and account team needs.
- Leverage the global EY network to connect our clients to the right insights and thought leadership.
- Involved in key external events, including Client Experience activities (win/loss debriefs, relationship touch points, etc.), Entrepreneur of the Year (EOY), networking events, etc. for the Region.
Executing the Account Management Framework (AMF)
- Deliver strategies to enable robust account planning/account team meetings serving as a coach.
- Participate in account management sessions with account teams.
- Assist in driving the sales cadence process for the market segment (industry sector or geography) or service line, including initiating/supporting activities to enhance pipeline integrity.
- Understand and interpret Market Segment (industry sector or geography) or service line reporting and analysis leveraging firm tools and data provided by the Markets Finance team reporting function. Review and distribute (if applicable) timely financial performance and pipeline analysis information, including communication of key trends, opportunities and action plans specific to the target audience
Strategic Pursuits and Opportunity Management
- Help coach account teams on pursuit opportunities or provide additional pursuit support in market segment (industry sector or geography) /service line where there is no assigned business development executive.
- Provide strategic pursuit support for assigned Market Segment or service line.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities
- Use independent judgement in identifying the appropriate go-to-market activities for focus required to achieve market leadership plan
- Make recommendations based on professional standard and acquired experience to leadership in the strategic planning process for the market segment (industry sector or geography) or service line
- Results-oriented, takes decisions for execution of market analysis and account prioritization for market segment (industry sector or geography) or service line while resolving issues that arise with the help of leadership.
- Leverage professional experience in identifying business needs, determine target audience/ accounts, co-develop actions and timelines, and align resources.
- Strong influencing skills are required to work with other members of the business development service line or market segment/industry sector team to drive results. Also required to collaborate effectively and efficiently with other functional groups within EY.
Skills and attributes for success
- In-depth knowledge of firm's account management framework and strategic relationships/opportunity tools and processes
- Knowledge/expertise in the firm's solutions and service offerings
- Team player, willing to get involved in all aspects of projects
- Strong executive presence
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Knowledgeable of market and industry dynamics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience with coaching teams
- There may be travel to the client and other EY offices. Depending on the global nature of client, overseas travel maybe required.
- Receives general supervision and is competent to work independently and many times virtually within area
To qualify you must have
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of Professional Services experience preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Strong business/commercial acumen and an understanding of major industry sector trends preferred
- Proven ability to work and influence cross-functionally and geographically and with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and departments
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven sound judgment and flexibility in balancing multiple project requirements, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule, with high attention to detail
- Professional Project Management certification beneficial but not essential
- Expected to remain current on relevant EY training and curriculum (e.g. Account Management Framework (AMF), Lead Badges, among others)
- Successful completion of EY Global Business Development certification program within 1 year of hire (as deemed appropriate by the Client Management leader
What we look for
We are looking for people who can combine, great listening skills, collaboration, influencing and commercial acumen. Being able thrive in an ever changing, diverse, multi-cultural environment where we expect exceptional quality and show passion for your work will set you up for success.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform, and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region