Business Development Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco purchased a 70% stake in SABIC to accelerate its downstream strategy and leverage petrochemicals growth opportunities. A Collaboration and Integration Committee (CIC), with senior leaders from Aramco and SABIC, was established to optimize this investment by integrating upstream production with SABIC feedstock; expanding capabilities in procurement, supply chain, manufacturing, marketing and sales; complementing geographic presence, projects and partners; and increasing the resilience of cash flow generation with synergistic opportunities. Aramco's SABIC Affairs and Integration Department (SA&ID) has the responsibility to represent Aramco's interest, support the CIC and manage the relationship and interactions with SABIC.
The Business Development Specialist in SA&ID reviews SABIC business development submissions; provides assistance in sourcing, screening, analyzing, planning and developing new business ventures, or a portfolio of ventures; provides high-level professional expertise in the development and management of new business ventures; assists SABIC in leading business portfolios and managing development of commercial agreements; providing administrative direction to analysts in reviewing legal documents; supports SABIC in managing negotiation strategy and execution; and supports SABIC in presenting business cases to Aramco in order to pass the required approval gate at Management Committee and/or Board meetings.
- Manages business development processes from screening, early engagements, studies, negotiation, and other required activities to progress proposals through stage gates all the way to deal closure.
- Leads business development activities encompassing: creating and developing partnerships along the value chain; developing business proposals; and identifying suitable partnership strategy and business models to maximize value creation for Aramco.
- Assists in the technical development and economic justification of capital programs, and alternatives to proposed capital projects.
- Liaises with other departments to identify growth opportunities and capture synergies between assets.
- Studies margin improvement opportunities in current refining and chemicals assets in context with the competitive landscape and market fundamentals.
- Supports sustainability projects in line with environmental standards and decarbonization targets.
- Provides commercial and technical expertise in executing the downstream strategy, including appraisal of strategic options, identification of strategic tradeoffs and implementation plans.
- Represents Aramco in professional societies, standard committees and conferences.
- Prepares, reviews and presents Management Committee briefs and presentations.
- Provides developmental and mentoring support to Business Development Analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or Economics. MBA or a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred as are relevant professional certifications such as: Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), and/or Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- 15 years of professional experience in business development, with a strong track record of economic and commercial evaluations for major chemicals and refining projects, and a deep understanding of associated operations and integration of assets.
- Proven track record of successfully developing strategies and vision to develop an emerging business within a large well-established organization.
- Strong business development and partnership development experience, including: establishing anchor projects with key partners and bringing companies together as co-investors in a large project investment.
- Excellent understanding of financial analysis and valuation methodologies, commercial principals and mechanisms related to a transaction, and various types of commercial transactions.
- Expert in navigating and influencing complex internal stakeholder groups to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Expert in international business and cross-cultural professional practices.
- Strong understanding of the petrochemicals industry, market Intelligence and familiarity with short-term and long-term strategic planning would be a preferred.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.